Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 23, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Special Features - Deleted Scenes & Commercials
- Workin' Nine to Five (AM): POM Behind-the-Scenes
- Commentary with Director Morgan Spurlock, Producer Jeremy Chilnick, Cinematographer Daniel Marracino & Editor Thomas M. Vogt
- Blu-ray Exclusives - At the Sundance Film Festival
- Shooting for Perfection: Hyatt & JetBlue Behind-the-Scenes
- Over 15 Minutes of Additional Deleted Scenes
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 04/28/2011
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "This movie provides food for thought....As ever, he makes you laugh till it hurts."
Los Angeles Times - 04/22/2011
"[W]ith Spurlock, irony, slapstick and complete immersion is as much a part of the documentary equation as information."
New York Times - 04/22/2011
"THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER SOLD is even more amusing than SUPER SIZE ME, the documentary that put Mr. Spurlock on the moviemaking map..."
Box Office - 04/21/2011
4 stars out of 5 -- "[H]is best film to date....Spurlock is clearly enjoying his trip through the worlds of advertising and marketing and we enjoy his discoveries as well."
A.V. Club - 08/24/2011
"It's goofy fun for the most part..."
Total Film - 11/01/2011
3 stars out of 5 -- "[Spurlock hurls] himself into this cynical world with characteristic gusto."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2011
"Part of the pleasure of this giddily entertaining, provocative but uneasy documentary is assessing the extent to which Spurlock keep his head above the sand -- and the extent to which he wants to."
Director Morgan Spurlock (SUPER SIZE ME, 30 DAYS) examines the increased proliferation of branding in every aspect of our lives while attempting to persuade big-name brands to sponsor his irreverent exposé. Companies love to push their products, and it seems like everywhere we go, someone is trying to sell us something. But have you ever wondered what goes on behind closed doors at some of the biggest advertising agencies in the world' In this eye-opening documentary, viewers follow Spurlock as he convinces a variety of high-profile sponsors to let him pitch their products as "The Greatest," while still maintaining complete control over his creative vision -- an arrangement that's become increasingly rare in the high-stakes entertainment industry.