Jingle Bell Jazz [Columbia CD]
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: September 1, 2001
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Sony
- 1.Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Dexter Gordon Quartet
- 2.I'll Be Home for Christmas - McCoy Tyner
- 3.Christmas Song, The - The Arthur Blythe Quartet
- 4.Our Little Town - Heath Brothers
- 5.God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Paquito d'Rivera
- 6.We Three Kings of Orient Are - Wynton Marsalis Septet
- 7.Jingle Bells - Duke Ellington
- 8.White Christmas - Lionel Hampton
- 9.Christmas Song, The - Carmen McRae
- 10.Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Pony Poindexter
- 11.Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Dave Brubeck Quartet
- 12.Deck Us All With Boston Charlie - Ike Isaacs Trio
- 13.Blue Xmas (To Whom It May Concern) - Miles Davis
- 14.Deck the Halls - Herbie Hancock
Performers include: Dexter Gordon, Duke Ellington, Paquito D'Rivera, Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, Heath Brothers, Carmen McRae, Arthur Blythe, Wynton Marsalis, Lionel Hampton, Pony Poindexter, Dave Brubeck, Lambert, Hendricks & Ross, Herbie Hancock.
Personnel: Dave Carey , Lionel Hampton (vocals, vibraphone); Bob Dorough, Carmen McRae (vocals); Al Caiola, Billy Mackel (guitar); Tony Purrone (electric guitar); Harry Carney, Jimmy Hamilton, Johnny Hodges, Paul Gonsalves, Russell Procope (reeds); Frank Wess, Wayne Shorter (saxophone); Pony Poindexter (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Gene Quill, Paquito d'Rivera, Phil Woods, Arthur Blythe, Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Dexter Gordon, Jimmy Heath, Branford Marsalis, Billy Mitchell (tenor saxophone); Pepper Adams (baritone saxophone); Miles Davis, Ray Nance, Woody Shaw, Wynton Marsalis, Bill Berry , Roy Burrowes, Cat Anderson (trumpet); Robert McGarity, Frank Rehak, Dick Hixson, Jimmy Cleveland, Lawrence Brown , Robert Byrne, Chuck Connors, Britt Woodman (trombone); McCoy Tyner (piano, grand piano); Stanley Cowell (piano, kalimba); Chick Corea, Dave Brubeck, Gildo Mahones, Herbie Hancock, John Hicks, Kenny Kirkland, Kirk Lightsey, Tommy Flanagan, Billy Strayhorn (piano); Norman Simmons (celesta); John Miller , David Eubanks, Clarence Seay, Fred Hopkins, Johnny Miller, Percy Heath (acoustic bass); Eddie Gladden, Jimmy Wormworth, Jeff "Tain" Watts, Jimmy Cobb , Joe Morello, Akira Tana, Osie Johnson, Sam Woodyard, Steve McCall, Ed Shaughnessy, Charlie Persip (drums); William Correa (congas, bongos, percussion).
Recording information: New York, NY (06/04/1961-01/14/1969).
Arrangers: Jay Cee; McCoy Tyner; Paquito d'Rivera; Teo Macero; Wynton Marsalis.
Columbia through the years has had several Christmas jazz samplers. This album is mostly from the 1961-62 period, although there is an unusual version of "Deck the Halls" that features both Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea on pianos in 1969 with a nonet. Highlights include Duke Ellington's "Jingle Bells," the Chico Hamilton Quintet playing "Winter Wonderland," the Dave Brubeck Quartet romping through "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," and Bob Dorough's bah-humbug "Blue Xmas" with Miles Davis. ~ Scott Yanow
Thanks For The Memories - A Special Holiday Ed. (CD)(2)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE