Ottmar Liebert Christmas + Santa Fe
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: September 1, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony
- 1.Santa Dancing / Deck The Halls
- 2.Celebration / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- 3.Holiday Buleria / Greensleeves
- 4.Dig The Wonderland / Winter Wonderland
- 5.Snow White / Silent Night
- 6.Canyon Road On Christmas Eve / Hark The Herald Angels Sing
- 7.Farolitos On Garcia / It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
- 8.Michelle's Song / The Holly & The Ivy
- 9.Winter Solstice
- 10.O Sanctissima / Oh Du Frohliche
- 11.The 3rd Man / O Christmas Tree
- 12.Peace / I Saw Three Ships
- 13.Snow Angel / We Wish U A Merry Christmas
Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra: Ottmar Liebert (acoustic guitar); Gary Lyons (slide guitar); Mike Middleton (trumpet); Jon Gagan (keyboards, acoustic bass); Mike Chavez (bongos, cowbell); Mark Clark (cajon, timbales, assorted percussion).
Recorded at Spiral Subwave, Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1999.
On his second holiday collection, Ottmar Liebert works variations on a series of familiar Christmas tunes, typically playing his acoustic guitar over Mark Clark's busy percussion and Jon Gagan's quiet bass in tones that suggest the Southwest. Horns turn up here and there, notably on "Hark the Herald Angels Sing," but for the most part this is a low-key effort. Liebert has some fun with "Silent Night," playfully changing tempos, and he discovers concordances between "O Christmas Tree" and the theme from The Third Man, so there are witty musical touches in the performances. A holiday mood is maintained throughout, albeit a quietly festive one, so this is good music to put on as background to your seasonal celebrations. ~ William Ruhlmann
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE