- Released: September 5, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Rhino
Entertainment Weekly - 12/1/95, pp.70-71
"For the wacky great-uncle who brings a whoppie cushion to every family gathering....a set of yuletide novelties..." - Rating: B+
- 1.Twelve Pains of Christmas, The - (from "Twisted Christmas")
- 2.It's So Chic to Be Pregnant at Christmas - (from "Momnipotent")
- 3.Gridlock Christmas
- 4.It's Christmas and I Wonder Where I Am - (from "Bob & Tom: With A Little Help From Our Friends")
- 5.Santa Claus Is Watching You - (unedited version)
- 6.Santa's Lament - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Rusty Chevrolet - (rerecorded version)
- 8.Christmas Is Coming Twice This Year - (from "Gridlock Christmas")
- 9.Christmas Wrapping - (from "I Could Rule The World If I Could Only Get The Parts")
- 10.Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - (live)
- 11.Terrorist Christmas, A - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Stop the Cavalry
- 13.Pretty Littles Dolly, The - (live)
- 14.Hanukkah Rocks
- 15.Hanukkah Homeboy
- 16.Happy New Year
- 17.New Year's Resolutions - (previously unreleased)
Includes liner notes by Dr. Demento.
Personnel: George Rock, Doodles Weaver, Sir Frederick Gas, Spike Jones (vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Rae DiLeo; Bob Fisher .
Liner Note Authors: Dr. Demento; Gary Peterson .
Photographer: Mark Takeuchi.
The kings of novelty deliver a king-sized holiday novelty record with Holidays in Dementia. Rhino may throw in a couple of obvious choices, such as Ray Stevens' "Santa Claus Is Watching You," Spike Jones' "Happy New Year," and Jona Lewie's minor masterpiece "Stop the Cavalry," but for the most part, Holidays in Dementia contains a selection of 17 unpredictable Christmas novelties. Some are good, some are terrific, some are outright awful, but it's almost all interesting, especially for fans of Dr. Demento and his ilk. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine