- Released: November 12, 2001
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Smooth Jazz Christmas Overture: Let It Snow / Winter Wonderland / What Child Is This (Greensleeves) / Angels We Have Heard On High / Jingle Bells / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- 2.Christmas Song
- 3.O Tannenbaum / Sleigh Ride
- 4.Silent Night
- 5.Beneath The Moonlit Sky
- 6.Little Drummer Boy
- 7.Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- 8.December Makes Me Feel This Way
- 9.Boogie Woogie Santa Claus
- 10.Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- 11.White Christmas
- 12.Eight Candles (A Song For Hanukkah)
- 13.Get Here (For The Holidays)
- 14.Twas The Night Before Christmas
Personnel includes: Dave Koz (soprano, alto & tenor saxophones); Brenda Russell, Kenny Loggins (vocals); Rick Braun (trumpet, flugelhorn); Peter White (accordion, acoustic guitar); David Benoit (piano).
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California.
A SMOOTH JAZZ CHRISTMAS was nominated for the 2002 Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Album.
Accompanied by some famous friends, mellow saxophonist Dave Koz delivers, as this album's title promises, holiday standards with a smooth jazz style. If you're the type that likes to nuzzle up with the likes of Kenny G or Lee Ritenour at Christmastime, then the soft sounds of Koz and his cohorts will be just what Santa ordered. In addition to the instrumental might of Koz and keyboardist David Benoit (a smooth jazz icon in his own right), there are the vocal talents of Brenda Russell and longtime pop sensation Kenny Loggins, who add another level to the lite jazz sounds, fleshing things out a bit more than one might expect.