Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 16, 2011
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by director Marco Brambilla and producer Joel Silver
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/08/1993
"...DEMOLITION MAN is a significant artifact of our time..."
Variety - 10/18/1993
"...[The film] is always fun to watch..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/11/1993
"...Stallone makes the most of a vehicle that gives him a satisfying stream of wisecracks and reaction shots....Snipes has a cartoonish good time..."
San Angeles, a megalopolis stretching from Santa Barbara to San Diego, is the futuristic utopia of the politically correct. Red meat, salt, sugar, smoking and sex have all been outlawed. This spells h-e-l-l for John Spartan, a 20th century cop revived to chase down a 20th century terrorist on the loose in this sterile paradise.
In the 1990s, urban terrorist Simon Phoenix is imprisoned in ice for the protection of society. His arch-nemesis, police officer John Spartan, also suffers the same fate after Phoenix frames him for the deaths of a busload of innocent bystanders.
In 2032, in the renamed city of San Angeles, Phoenix is accidentally freed and begins a new crime spree on a now violence-free populace. Spartan is released to capture the one-man wrecking crew; in the process, he discovers the corruption beneath San Angeles' pristine surface. Through non-stop jokes and action, Spartan shows the docile, futuristic police force that the old ways are sometimes the best ways.
Good Vs. Evil |
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- One anachronism did creep into the screenplay: when Simon Phoenix is considering which convicts to "thaw out," he comes across the frozen body of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, who had, however, been murdered in prison after the film was released.