- Released: February 6, 2012
- Label: Hear Music
Entertainment Weekly - p.74
"[McCartney] refreshes 'Bye Bye Blackbird' and Irving Berlin's 'Always' like a cool spring breeze..." -- Grade: A
Uncut (magazine) - p.804 stars out of 5
-- "McCartney's voice fits these arrangements....This album is made with care, love and expertise and it shows on every song."
- 1.I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself A Letter [2:36]
- 2.Home (When Shadows Fall) [4:04]
- 3.It's Only A Paper Moon [2:34]
- 4.More I Cannot Wish You [3:03]
- 5.The Glory of Love [3:45]
- 6.We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me) [3:22]
- 7.Ac - Cent - Tchu - Ate The Positive [2:31]
- 8.My Valentine [3:14]
- 9.Always [3:49]
- 10.My Very Good Friend The Milkman [3:04]
- 11.Bye Bye Blackbird [4:26]
- 12.Get Yourself Another Fool [4:41]
- 13.The Inch Worm [3:42]
- 14.Only Our Hearts [4:21]
Audio Mixer: Al Schmitt.
Recording information: Abbey Road Studios, London; Avatar Studios, New York; Capitol Studios, Los Angeles; Hog Hill Mill, East Sussex; Westlake Studios, Hollywood.
Paul McCartney's first full-length studio album in four years, Kisses on the Bottom is a collection of vocal standards -- the first of its kind in his discography. The son of a '20s bandleader, McCartney no doubt heard many of these songs while growing up, and this album shows a special kinship between singer and song that goes far beyond the many songbook collections attempted by others of his generation. Produced by jazz and vocal associate Tommy LiPuma, the album features guestwork from the likes of Eric Clapton, Stevie Wonder, and Diana Krall. The lead-off track (and the inspiration for the album title) is Fats Waller's "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down (And Write Myself a Letter)."