Basketball Soul in the Hole: The Street Basketball Story
|You Save:||$7 (54% Off)|
- Above the Rim (Widescreen & Full Frame) ~ $5.21
- Basketball - Hardwood Dreams ~ $2.98 (Save 85%)
- Basketball - Something to Cheer About: Oscar Robertson and the Crispus Attucks Tigers ~ $2.98 (Save 80%)
- The Boys of 2nd Street Park ~ $1.98 (Save 80%)
- Rebound ~ $4.89
- Cast & Crew Biographies
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Xenon
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kenny Jones II, Ed Smith II & Ronnet Jones|
|Directed by||Danielle Gardner|
|Edited by||Melissa Neidich|
|Produced by||Lilibet Foster|
|Director of Photography:||Paul Gibson|
|Executive Production by||Douglas Gardner|
"...A passionate piece of work that will engross people....SOUL IN THE HOLE captures the gritty spirit of the game and the carnival atmosphere of the tournaments..."
"...[A] simple, moving portrait of a community....Proves that if you've seen one hoop doc, you haven't necessarily seen 'em all..." -- Rating: B+
"...[A] pulsating documentary..."
"...SOUL places us firmly in this unforgiving world, and it's one we won't forget..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Booger is the kind of player one encounters maybe once in a generation - an almost supernaturally gifted player upon whom Sports Illustrated bestowed the title "King of the Streets". The heart of Soul In The Hole lies in the compelling relationship between the charismatic and unpredictable Booger and his coach/surrogate father Kenny Jones. Over the course of one hot summer, Jones - an irrepressible firetruck of a man - takes on Booger, who teeters on the brink of what could either be wild success or total destruction.
This movie takes an unflinching, heartfelt, and often humorous look at the lives and friendships of the young men who play for the Dream Team of Bed-Stuy, the vibrant street culture of Brooklyn, and the love between a coach and his brilliant player.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
- UPC: 000799406526
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Sports & Recreation genre:
- Baseball - Home Run Derby, Volume 1 (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Surfing USA: Featuring the Hits of The Beach Boys (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Surfing - The Sixth Element: The Ross Clarke-Jones Story (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Outdoor Adventures - Hunter Safety (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Surfing - Toka Toka: A Documentary About Surfing In Forbidden Fiji (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE