Basketball Soul in the Hole: The Street Basketball Story
|You Save:||$7 (54% Off)|
- Cast & Crew Biographies
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Xenon
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kenny Jones II, Ed Smith II & Ronnet Jones|
|Directed by||Danielle Gardner|
|Edited by||Melissa Neidich|
|Produced by||Lilibet Foster|
|Director of Photography:||Paul Gibson|
|Executive Production by||Douglas Gardner|
"...A passionate piece of work that will engross people....SOUL IN THE HOLE captures the gritty spirit of the game and the carnival atmosphere of the tournaments..."
"...[A] simple, moving portrait of a community....Proves that if you've seen one hoop doc, you haven't necessarily seen 'em all..." -- Rating: B+
"...[A] pulsating documentary..."
"...SOUL places us firmly in this unforgiving world, and it's one we won't forget..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Booger is the kind of player one encounters maybe once in a generation - an almost supernaturally gifted player upon whom Sports Illustrated bestowed the title "King of the Streets". The heart of Soul In The Hole lies in the compelling relationship between the charismatic and unpredictable Booger and his coach/surrogate father Kenny Jones. Over the course of one hot summer, Jones - an irrepressible firetruck of a man - takes on Booger, who teeters on the brink of what could either be wild success or total destruction.
This movie takes an unflinching, heartfelt, and often humorous look at the lives and friendships of the young men who play for the Dream Team of Bed-Stuy, the vibrant street culture of Brooklyn, and the love between a coach and his brilliant player.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 47,661
- UPC: 000799406526
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Basketball Rams, Slams & Jams (2-VHS) ~ $3.99 on SALE
- Chiefs (DVD-R) ~ $21.92 on SALE
- Next Time (VHS) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Basketball - 1987 NCAA Championship: Indiana vs. Syracuse (DVD) ~
$10.85 Super Savings
Basketball - 1989 NCAA Championship: Michigan vs. Seton Hall (2-DVD) ~
$10.85 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Sports & Recreation genre:
- Surfing USA: Featuring the Hits of The Beach Boys (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Basketball - Ballin' Outta Control (DVD) ~ 98¢ on SALE
- Baseball - 2004 World Series: Boston Red Sox vs. St. Louis Cardinals (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Surfing - The Sixth Element: The Ross Clarke-Jones Story (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Horse Racing - Seabiscuit: The Lost Documentary (Includes Color and B&W Versions) (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE