- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Ent. One Music
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Pierce Brosnan &
Jill St. John,
James B. Sikking,
John Mills &
Variety - 05/14/1986
"...A genuinely original comedy....[An] intriguing premise and ingenious development..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/18/1988
"...It is fiendishly funny farce indeed, and perhaps a little more: farce with a heart to its looniness..."
An all-star television adaptation of the Jules Verne novel, set in the late 19th Century. An Englishman named Phileas Fogg makes a bet that, using all the modern forms of transportation, he can travel around the world in 80 days. He and his sidekick begin their voyage in a hot-air balloon, and make their way through Europe and on to India, where they save a widow from committing suttee (killing herself in her husband's funeral pyre). Then they travel by train in America and by ship across the Pacific. Phileas and his companion finally complete the loop, but he believes they have arrived just a little too late to win their bet.
Based On A Novel |
Television / TV Series |
Television Programs |
Television Shows |
- Shot on location in England; Macao; Hong Kong; Bangkok, Thailand; San Francisco, California; and Yugoslavia.
- The budget was approximately $16 million.
- Aired originally on the NBC Television Network April 16, 17, and 18, 1989.
- Additional credits: Jonathan Cheung (art director Far East) and Vladislav Lasic (art director Yugoslavia).
- Additional cast: John Abineri, Yves Aubert, Bill Bailey, Peter Birrel, John Carlin, Jean Pierre Castaldi, Lane Cooper, Julian Curry, Ellis Dale, Bruce Troy Davis, Edward Dentith; Hugo De Vernier; Gerard Dimiglio, Roy Evans, Don Ferguson, Henry Fong, Mike Gable, Maurice Gardett, Arne Gordon, Oliver Hemon, Colin Higgins, Mark Holmes, George Ip, Rick Jason, Subhash Joshi, Abraham Lee, Michael Lee, Lily Leung, Joseph Long, Ajay Mehta, Christopher Muncke, Pierre Olaf, Stuart Ong, Arun Pathela, John Rapley, Terence Scammell, Peter Sharman, Eve Shickle, Cassie Stuart, Tommy Tam, Ted Thomas, Violetta, Ed Wiley, and Tariq Yunus.
- Copyright 1989 Harmony Gold Productions, Inc.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 61 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 91,976
- UPC: 741952687894
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items