- Released: July 12, 2011
- Label: RCA
- 1.Are You Ready For the Country
- 2.I've Always Been Crazy
- 3.Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- 4.Bob Wills is Still the King
- 5.Luckenbach, Texas (Back To the Basics of Love)
- 6.Theme From the Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys)
- 7.Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
- 8.I May Be Used (But Baby I Ain't Used Up)
- 9.Lucille (You Won't Do Your Daddy's Will)
- 10.I Ain't Living Long Like This
- 11.Dreaming My Dreams With You
- 12.Can't You See
Liner Note Author: Billy Altman.
Recording information: Opryland, Nashville, TN (01/05/2000); Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN (01/05/2000); The Worcester Centrum, Worcester, MA (01/05/2000); Opryland, Nashville, TN (06/15/1984); Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN (06/15/1984); The Worcester Centrum, Worcester, MA (06/15/1984); Opryland, Nashville, TN (10/14/1983); Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN (10/14/1983); The Worcester Centrum, Worcester, MA (10/14/1983).
Photographers: Don Putnam; Alan Messer.
Waylon Jennings' cool, almost calm, presence on the country and country-rock scene in the 1970s made him in many ways the very template for the outlaw country movement, and he sang like he'd lived it, and he came on-stage dressed like a man who wore those same clothes while he lived it. This 12-song playlist features Jennings singing some of his signature songs, including "Are You Ready for the Country," "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys," "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way," and "I Ain't Living Long Like This," among others, in various concert settings, and it makes for a nice introduction to his unassuming approach to what country music should be. ~ Steve Leggett