Meat Puppets Out My Way
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$6.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.73 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 6, 2011
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MVD Audio
Entertainment Weekly - 3/26/99, p.87"...Part ZZ Top on peyote, part Grateful Dead on steroids, the guitar-driven trio's eccentric genius emerges on [this] souped-up rerelease..." - Rating: A-
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This remastered edition of OUT MY WAY is an Enhanced CD featuring 7 bonus tracks along with a video of the band playing Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing."
Meat Puppets: Curt Kirkwood (vocals, guitar, percussion); Cris Kirkwood (vocals, bass, percussion); Derrick Bostrom (drums).
Reissue Producers: Derrick Bostrom, Tami Blevins, Ian Gilchrist, Troy Hansbrough.
Engineers include: Steve Escallier, Jeff Weatherby, Darrel DeMarco.
Recorded from Summer 1982 through Summer 1986. Includes liner notes by Greg Kot, Theo & Derrick Bostrom.
Digitally remastered by Stuart Sullivan (Arkadelphia's Studio, November 1998.)
Personnel: Curt Kirkwood (vocals, guitar, percussion); Cris Kirkwood (vocals, percussion); Derrick Bostrom (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Derrick Bostrom; Greg Kot.
Recording information: Cereus Studio (02/1985); Chaton Studio (02/1985); The Bling Pig (02/1985); The Stone, San Francisco, CA (02/1985); Cereus Studio (08/31/1982); Chaton Studio (08/31/1982); The Bling Pig (08/31/1982); The Stone, San Francisco, CA (08/31/1982); Cereus Studio (10/16/1984); Chaton Studio (10/16/1984); The Bling Pig (10/16/1984); The Stone, San Francisco, CA (10/16/1984); Cereus Studio (1985-1988); Chaton Studio (1985-1988); The Bling Pig (1985-1988); The Stone, San Francisco, CA (1985-1988); Cereus Studio (1986); Chaton Studio (1986); The Bling Pig (1986); The Stone, San Francisco, CA (1986).
Photographers: Lisa Haun; Joseph Cultice.
When originally released in 1986, the six-track Out My Way EP was supposed to be a stop-gap release -- guitarist/singer Curt Kirkwood had broken his finger, and needed time to recover. Musically, the EP showed that the Puppets were moving on from their early punk sound to a more traditional rock direction. But the band's originality was still offered in abundance; for example, the album-opening "She's Hot" sounds like a jam session between ZZ Top and the Talking Heads. Also included was the spacious sounds of the title track, the carefree "Not Swimming Ground," and an explosive reading of Little Richard's "Good Golly Miss Molly." The 1999 Rykodisc reissue more than doubled the original's track listing, containing such standout rarities as a Black Sabbath-esque reading of "I Just Want to Make Love to You" (from 1982), a fragile cover of the country classic "Burn the Honky Tonk Down" (originally popularized by George Jones), plus the experimental "Backwards Drums." ~ Greg Prato
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hope Chest: The Fredonia Recordings 1982-1983 (CD)
$13.25 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists The Best of Christmas: 25 Original Hits by the Original Artists (Disc 3) (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- The Ohio Express Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK