- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 03/01/1975
"...Dark tides of family pride and religious wrath flowing from the very first sequence..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/28/2001
"...If there is anything to the auteur theory, then ALFREDO GARCIA is the most autobiographical film Peckinpah ever made....A real director is at his best when he works with material that reflects his own life patterns..."
Uncut - 07/01/2005
"In a mad-cackling way, it's bloodily hilarious, driven by a wild, unhinged humour..."
Uncut - 01/01/2006
Ranked #1 in Uncut's Best DVDs Of 2005 -- "[T]his mescal-haze odyssey is arguably the most personal and certainly the most extreme statement Peckinpah ever made."
Empire - 02/01/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "Oates excels, but the bleak brilliance is all Peckinpah's."
In Mexico, the outraged father of a pregnant, unwed young woman orders his henchmen to find the father of his daughter's unborn child. In attempting to obey this command, private detectives are employed and they, in turn, track down a dissolute piano player who they hire to actually find the gigolo.
Character Study |
Theatrical Release |
- An Optimus Production and Estudios Churubusco co-production.
- The director's eldest daughter, Sharon Peckinpah, served as dialogue director.
- "Bad Blood Baby" composed by Sam Peckinpah.
- Additional cast: Don Levy; Donny Fritts; Chalo Gonzalez; Enrique Lucero, and Janine Maldonado.
- Copyright 1974 United Artists.