- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 6, 2000
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/05/1996
"...The ensemble is appealing....Jolie is obviously a gifted actress, and Burress has natural charm..."
Spurred by an independent newcomer, four female high school seniors in Portland assault a sexually harrassing teacher. Their resulting suspension leaves them with plenty of time to affirm their unity as rebels, get tattoos, drink whiskey, and generally wreak havoc on the rest of the community. Adapted from a novel by Joyce Carol Oates.
Five female high school students form a bond upon discovering that they've all been sexually abused by the same biology teacher. One of them, the tough-as-nails Legs Sadovsky, rallies the others into seeking revenge against the professor. The teens succeed, only to be ostracized and suspended from school.
The quintet then begins a downward spiral, as they kidnap and blackmail the father of one of the girls. This is an act the teens may regret, as they find themselves running from the law -- and fighting for their lives...
Campus Life |
Coming Of Age |
- Co-produced by Red Mullet Prods.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Sarah Rosenberg (Violet Kahn).
- Additional credits: Laura Friedman (executive producer) and Alan Locke (art direction).