- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 1999
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Can you imagine being so poised and having such boldness in a composition when you're only 22'"
- Corrina Washington (Whoopi Goldberg)
"You always miss your Mommy, and that's O.K."
- Corrina Washington (Whoopi Goldberg) to Molly (Tina Majorino)
Premiere - 02/01/1995
"...Bound to please..." - Recommended
Sight and Sound - 12/01/1994
New York Times - 08/12/1994
"...Goldberg gives a lovely, measured performance....[CORRINA, CORRINA is] bolstered by its two main actresses..."
USA Today - 08/12/1994
"...[Featuring] an eclectic '50s-hip soundtrack..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
Los Angeles Times - 08/12/1994
"...Joan Cusack is marvelous..."
After his wife dies of cancer, Manny wards off depression by burying himself in his work; his nine-year-old daughter, Molly, reacts to the tragedy by becoming mute. Desperate for someone to help him raise his troubled child, Manny searches for a housekeeper and governess -- and he strikes gold when Corrina Washington appears. Corrina's bright, articulate, and witty, and even though she's a disaster in the kitchen, she may just be the cure for Molly and her father.
African Americans |
Family Interaction |
Race Relations |
Social Issues |
- Theatrically released August 19, 1994.
- Film features Don Ameche in his final performance as Manny Singer's (Ray Liotta) dying father.
- Copyright 1994 New Line Productions, Inc.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.