- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- 5.1 Surround - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Mimi Leder - Director, Scott Farrar - Visual Effects Supervisor
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Traile
- MAKING AN IMPACT
- CREATING THE PERFECT TRAFFIC JAM
- PARTING THOUGHTS
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 07/??/1998
"...It is hard to imagine a better space-trip, all skills at full blast..."
USA Today - 05/22/1998
"...Oscar-winning special effects..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/04/2004
"Mimi Leder's cautionary comet tale was most unexpected -- the disaster movie as chick flick."
When it is discovered that an enormous comet is on a collision course with Earth, a handful of Americans make different preparations for the end of the world. While Leo Biederman (Elijah Wood), the fourteen-year-old amateur astronomer who discovered the comet, deals with the pangs of first love, an ambitious newswoman (Tea Leoni) attempts to reconcile with her estranged parents. Simultaneously, a former astronaut (Robert Duvall) finds himself in the stars once again in an attempt to prevent the catastrophe from occurring. Mimi Leder (THE PEACEMAKER) directs from a script by Bruce Joel Rubin (GHOST) and Michael Tolkin (THE PLAYER).
Tear Jerker |