Simon & Garfunkel Parsley Sage Rosemary & Thyme
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 21, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - Summer/01, p.1264 stars out of 5 - "...Sees them figuring out how to be effortlessly great..."
Uncut - 8/01, p.923 stars out of 5 - "...A flowery, soft-focused affair..."
- 1.Scarborough Fair / Canticle
- 4.Homeward Bound
- 5.The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
- 6.59th Street Bridge Song, The (Feelin' Groovy)
- 7.The Dangling Conversation
- 8.Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall
- 9.Simple Desultory Philippic, A (Or How I Was Robert Mcnamara'd Into Submission)
- 10.For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
- 11.A Poem on the Undergound Wall
- 12.7 O'clock News / Silent Night
- 13.Patterns [Demo]
- 14.A Poem on the Underground Wall [Demo]
Personnel includes: Paul Simon (vocals, guitar); Art Garfunkel (vocals).
Reissue producer: Bob Irwin.
Recorded between December 14, 1965 and December 22, 1966.
Originally released on Columbia Records (9363).
Includes liner notes by Bud Scoppa.
From the opening finely-woven tapestry, "Scarborough Fair/Canticle," to the closing wake-up call, "7 O'Clock News/Silent Night," Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel present a powerful statement--theirs was to be the new standard in contemporary rock. These harmonies were not those of the fun-loving Beach Boys, and these two New Yorkers weren't singing about girls in bikinis. They sang about women who read Emily Dickinson. Intellectual folk-based rock flourished in this classic collection written by the poet-of-the-moment, Paul Simon. The chemistry between Paul's warm, low tenor and Art's high, airy, etheral tenor was an unrivaled mix, creating a precise harmonic exchange that lent itself perfectly to Paul's well-crafted songs. The intricate arrangement of "Scarborough Fair" is one of the prettiest in the band's catalogue.
PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY AND THYME contains songs that have since become part of the American musical lexicon: the multi-layered poetry of "Dangling Conversation," and the emotional ode "For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her." Songs like "Patterns" signalled that there was now an articulate elite that was changing the sound of the musical landscape. The revolution in the streets and campuses was making its way on to radio airwaves and thence into people's homes. But as heavy as they were politically and intellectually, the duo could still offer up an infectious, light-hearted ditty like "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)."
Simon & GarfunkelBridge Over Troubled Water (40th Anniversary Ed.) (CD+DVD)
The Graduate (WS) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus... (DVD)
$3.18 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,025
- UPC: 886978773029
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE