Stevie Ray Vaughan Blues At Sunrise
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 4, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 5/00, p.1323 stars out of 5 - "...Showcases the deeply laid-back, feet-up slow blues style which Vaughn made his own..."
- 1.Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love
- 2.Leave My Girl Alone
- 3.Tin Pan Alley (AKA Roughest Place In Town) - (previously unreleased, featuring Johnny Copeland)
- 4.Chitlins Con Carne
- 5.Things, The (That) I Used To Do
- 6.Sky Is Crying, The - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Texas Flood [Video Version]
- 8.May I Have a Talk with You
- 9.Dirty Pool
- 10.Blues at Sunrise
Full performer name: Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble.
Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble: Stevie Ray Vaughn (vocals, guitar); Johnny Copeland, Albert King (vocals, guitar); Jimmie Vaughn (guitar); Reese Wynans, Tony Llorens (keyboards); Gus Thornton, Tommy Shannon (bass); Chris Layton, Michael Llorens (drums).
Includes liner notes by Bill Bentley.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Personnel: Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, guitar); Chris Layton (drums).
Liner Note Author: Bill Bentley.
This collection serves ten tracks of primo SRV material that includes previously released material along with a few rarities. With the exception of the soulful lament "Dirty Pool" and the shimmering desperation of "Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love," the remainder of BLUES AT SUNRISE are stellar covers of Vaughan's heroes and influences. Among the legends given their due are Buddy Guy ("Leave My Girl Alone"), Guitar Slim ("The Things (That) I Used To Do") and Howlin' Wolf ("May I Have A Talk With You"). Throughout SUNRISE, Vaughan's awe-inspiring guitar tone and precise phrasing are complimented by his soulful growl. These attributes particularly come out on the live renditions of "Tin Pan Alley" and the title track. On the former, SRV keeps a fleet-fingered discourse going with transplanted Texan Johnny Copeland while on the latter, Vaughan slowly turns the heat up alongside composer Albert King. Extras notwithstanding, these ten songs are more for the Stevie Ray Vaughan novice than the die-hard fan.
Peter Green Splinter GroupPeter Plays the Blues: The Classic Compositions of Robert...
Stevie Ray VaughanPlaylist: The Very Best of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double...
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 56 ratings.
Based on 56 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 977
- UPC: 886978758224
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Special Forces (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Strength In Numbers (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Tour De Force (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE