- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Young Sam Gribley (Teddy Eccles) idolizes Henry David Thoreau--so much so that he decides to live at one with nature like the famous writer. Leaving only a note for his parents and taking few possessions, Sam runs away from home and learns to fend for himself in the mountainous wilderness.
After his father doesn't take him on a promised trip into the wilderness, Sam runs away from his Toronto home to do it on his own.
The young boy makes a bunch of new friends in the mountains, including elderly folk singer Bando, librarian Miss Turner, a raccoon named Gus, and the falcon Frightful.
Although Sam proves very well-equipped to take care of himself, will he be able to survive a terrible snowstorm and various other dangers'
Based On A Novel |
Family (General) |
- Shot on location in Toronto and Knowlton, Quebec in Panavision.
- Released theatrically in the USA June 25, 1969.
- Additional cast: Tudi Wiggins and Peggi Loder.