- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 20, 1998
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 3.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/16/1994
"...It's hard not to enjoy [Van Damme's] energy....[He] seems to get better all the time..."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/17/1995
"...Van Damme pulls off some novel stunts -- his midair split will have you hitting the slow-motion button..." -- Rating: B+
In the year 2004 a corrupt politician is secretly using a time travel device to manipulate history and financial markets and eliminate any who get in his way. When a cop catches on to his scheme he must go back in time and catch him before he and his wife are murdered. Produced by Sam Raimi and based on the comic books by Mike Richardson and Mark Verheiden.
The year may be 2004, but Timecop's profession exists in 1994, the year seedy politicians finagle cash for future presidential elections, and the year these same politicians will kill to maintain their financial surplus. But this time, Mr. Senator has killed the wrong person -- Timecop's beloved wife, and Timecop's out for blood...
Martial Arts |
Theatrical Release |
- Co-produced by Signature and Dark Horse.
- Copyright 1994 Largo Entertainment (in the United States and Canada), Victor Company of Japan, LTD. (in Japan) and Largo International N.V. (in all other territories).
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Prints by De Luxe; in Anamorphic.