Music Memorabilia Details
- Released: March 29, 2011
- Manufacturer: Factory Entertainment
Description by OLDIES.com:
- The Beatles Limited Edition Collectable Taxi Tin
- Themed around the artwork from the Beatles' most prolific singles
- 1:36 scale English-styled die-cast taxicab
- Includes The Beatles die-cast taxi, t-Shirt (XL) with single sleeve artwork, 7 inch single sleeve artwork wall plaque, and packaged in a collectable tin
- A must have for any Beatles fan
LET IT BE...NAKED contains a FLY ON THE WALL bonus disc including song rehearsals and conversation snatches.
The Beatles: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr.
Additional personnel: Billy Preston (keyboards).
Includes liner notes by Kevin Howlett and interview excerpts with The Beatles
from the original LET IT BE book.
In its original form, LET IT BE signaled the end of an era, closing the book on the Beatles, as well as literally and figuratively marking the end of the '60s. The 1970 release evolved from friction-filled sessions the Beatles intended to be an organic, bare-bones return to their roots. Instead, the endless hours of tapes were eventually handed over to Phil Spector, since neither the quickly splintering Beatles nor their longtime producer George Martin wanted to sift through the voluminous results.
LET IT BE... NAKED sets the record straight, revisiting the contentious sessions, stripping away the Spectorian orchestrations, reworking the running order, and losing all extemporaneous in-studio banter. On this version of the album, filler tracks ("Dig It," "Maggie Mae") are dropped, while juicy b-side "Don't Let Me Down" is added. The most obvious revamping is on the songs handled heavily by Spector. Removing the orchestrations from "The Long and Winding Road" and "Across the Universe" gives Paul McCartney's vocals considerably more resonance on the former, doing the same for John Lennon's voice and guitar on the latter. This alternate take on LET IT BE enhances the album's power, reclaiming the raw, unadorned quality that was meant to be its calling card from the beginning.
- Sales Rank: 65,287
- UPC: 5099994649031
- Shipping Weight: 1.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 4 items