- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Single Side/Single Layer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A five mile wide meteor is a week away from collision with Earth. Good cast in a sci-fi blockbuster. Academy Award Nominations: Best Sound.
As a five-mile-wide asteroid hurtles towards Earth, scientist Paul Bradley -- inventor of Hercules, a revolutionary satellite missile launching system -- tries to warn the U.S. government of the impending danger. But because of his fanatical anti-Soviet sentiment, General Adlon refuses to heed Bradley's warnings and turn the missiles away from their Soviet targets to aim them towards outer space. Now Bradley and his Soviet counterpart, Dubov, have to convince their stubborn governments that the meteor is a real danger to the entire planet... and that they must destroy the menace before it hits home.
- Shot in Panavision. Color by Movielab.
- Presented by Sir Run Run Shaw.
- Additional cast: Katherine DéHetre (Jan); James Richardson (Alan); Bo Brundin (Manheim); Roger Robinson (Hunter).
- Copyright 1979 Meteor Joint Venture and Orion Pictures Corp.