- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Homevision
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - Dutch
- Subtitles - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Alex Van Warmerdam - Director
- Theatrical Trailer
- LITTLE TONY
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 01/16/1998
"...[THE DRESS] has the spirit of a zany European road movie...with a sexy good humor..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/23/1998
"...Warmerdam effortlessly sustains the antic madness he generates...and his cast is a marvel. THE DRESS is sure to wear well..."
Director Warmerdam, a cult favorite in Europe, helmed this tale of the life of a dress from its beginning as cotton in a field to its ultimate demise as it is cremated with its final owner. In between, the dress enchants a number of women and men alike, and it helps cause a number of sexual changes in those who come into contact with it. They include a former rapist, a teenager, and a psychotic fashion designer, among others. Warmerdam's droll treatment of the material makes this episodic feature a fiercely funny and thought provoking film.
Black Comedy |