Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 2, 2011
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by director Jon Amiel
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 05/01/1996
"...An ingenuous premise....As [Weaver and Hunter] turn the tables, the film builds up to a victorious climax..."
USA Today - 10/27/1995
"...Harry Connick Jr.'s casting as serial killer No. 1 turns out to have been a brainstorm..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/03/1995
"...Exciting, surprising, and a showcase for terrific, subtle performances by Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter..." -- Rating: B
Variety - 10/16/1995
"...An upscale suspense by virtue of its classy cast, its extremely bright characters and the chillingly intellectual approach..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/27/1995
"...Weaver is good....Hunter is in her element....Movies like these are a safe way to meet our fears vicariously, and to exorcise them..."
A psychopath is copying the crimes of renowned serial killers such as Son of Sam and the Boston Strangler, and the detective on the case turns to a forensic psychologist who specializes in the field. Unfortunately, the doctor has become a paranoid agoraphobic as the result of an earlier assault at the hands of the killer. A violent, bloody thriller.
- Released theatrically in the USA October 27, 1995, it went on to gross $31.7 million at the domestic box office.
- Co-produced by Monarchy Enterprises.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision widescreen.
- Additional credits: Hilbert Hakim, John Morse and Cheri L. Stiler (assistant directors).
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.