Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 2, 2011
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted Scenes
- Conan Unchained: The Making of Conan the Barbarian
- Special Effects
- The Conan Archives
- Feature Commentary with Director John Milius and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 03/17/1982
"...Director John Milius does a nice job of setting up the initial story. There is a real anticipation as Schwarzenegger is unveiled as the barbarian..."
Total Film - 10/01/2000
"...It's the movie that turned Schwarzenegger into a bona-fide action star..."
Uncut - 06/01/2005
"It's only when you recall all the schlocky imitations this spawned that you realise how good it actually is."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/05/2011
"[H]ugely entertaining....The credit mainly goes to the then-35-year-old Schwarzenegger..." -- Grade: B+
Muscleman Arnold Schwarzenegger brings the comic book hero Conan the Barbarian to life in this action fantasy set during a mythical era known as the Hyborean Age. In a magical land overrun by sorcerers and pagan cults, the Nordic super hunk seeks revenge on Thulsa Doom, the evil leader who murdered his parents and enslaved him as a child.
Ancient World |
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
Swords & Sorcery |
Theatrical Release |
Witches And Wizards
- Shot in Technicolor.
- The "Conan" character was created in 1932 by Robert E. Howard, a pulp fiction writer whose stories were serialized in Weird Tales Magazine. Conan later became a Marvel Comic Book charater.