Bull Moose Jackson Very Best of Bull Moose Jackson
|You Save:||$5.94 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Louis Jordan ~ The Best of Louis Jordan [MCA] $8.84
by Big Maybelle ~ The Complete Okeh Sessions 1952-1955 ~ $5.97
by Bull Moose Jackson ~ Greatest Hits ~ $8.98
by Wynonie Harris ~ Lovin' Machine $12.35
by Amos Milburn ~ Rockin' and Drinkin': Greatest Hits and More (2-CD) ~ $18.62
- Songs Compiled By: Victor Pearlin
- Audio: Little Walter DeVenne
- Liner Notes: Victor Pearlin
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Bull Moose Jackson had a successful recording career on King spanning the immediate post World War II era (1945-55). During this period, he placed eleven songs on Billboard's Top 15 Rhythm & Blues charts. While many of his hits were ballads, he is remembered today more for his many up-tempo recordings, which are emphasized on this collection. After Jackson left the King label in 1955, he made a number of minor recordings for the Encino, Warwick and 7 Arts label before retiring to run a bar in Philadelphia and then work for a catering firm at the Smithsonian.
- 1.We Ain't Got Nothin' (But The Blues)
- 2.Bull Moose Jackson Blues
- 3.The Honeydripper
- 4.Shorty's Got To Go
- 5.Bad Man Jackson, That's Me
- 6.I Know Who Threw The Whiskey In The Well
- 8.Jamin' And Jumpin'
- 9.I Love You, Yes I Do
- 10.Sneaky Pete
- 11.Houston Texas Gal
- 12.Oh John
- 13.We Can Talk Some Trash
- 14.I Want A Bow-Legged Woman
- 15.Fare Thee Well, Deacon Jones, Fare Thee Well
- 17.Why Don't You Haul Off And Love Me
- 18.Big Fat Mamas Are Back In Style Again
- 19.Cherokee Boogie
- 20.Nosey Joe
- 21.Bearcat Blues
- 22.Big Ten-Inch Record
- 23.Meet Me With Your Black Dress On
- 24.I Wanna Hug Ya, Kiss Ya, Squeeze Ya
- 25.If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin')
Personnel: Wynonie Harris (vocals); Bernie Peacock (alto saxophone); Rufus Gore, Red Prysock, Sam "The Man" Taylor , Big John Greer (tenor saxophone); Frank Galbraith (trumpet); Sir Charles Thompson, Sonny Thompson , Bill Doggett (piano); Joe Craig Jones, Panama Francis (drums).
Liner Note Author: Victor Pearlin.
Recording information: Cincinnati, OH (08/??/1945-01/24/1955); King's Studios, Cincinnati, OH (08/??/1945-01/24/1955); New York, NY (08/??/1945-01/24/1955); St. Louis, MO (08/??/1945-01/24/1955).
The Very Best of Bull Moose Jackson: Big Ten-Inch Record contains 25 of the jump blues saxophonist's classic sides recorded for King between 1947 and 1955. He is probably best known for his wild, double entendre-filled single from 1952, "Big Ten Inch Record," which was later covered by Aerosmith. Rightly so, for it is truly a classic song. The rest of the disc is made up of rocking blues, madcap jazz, romantic ballads, and goofy novelty songs, all featuring Jackson's tough blowing and a real sense of joy and abandon. The best tracks from the early '50s, like the dirty Leiber & Stoller-written "Nosey Joe," a hopping take on "Why Don't You Haul Off and Love Me," and the silly "Big Fat Mamas Are Back in Style," show that Jackson was one of the jump blues cats who helped pave the way for rock & roll, and this collection is a vital document for anyone who wants to discover the roots of rock. It is also the best Bull Moose Jackson collection yet with the most tracks and the best sound. ~ Tim Sendra
Leiber & Stoller Story, Volume 1: Hard Times: The Los... (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,179
- UPC: 090431289020
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Blues: Jump Blues Music Categories:
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
Great Sax (CD)
$8.45 Super Savings
- LaVern Baker Jim Dandy (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- LaVern Baker La Vern Baker / La Vern (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- LaVern Baker Only the Best of LaVern Baker (4-CD Bundle Pack) ~ $33.13 on SALE