Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 2, 2011
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Dark Sky Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 2 Feature-length Cast and Crew Commentaries
- Jim Mickle, Nick Damici, Connor Paolo, Larry Fesseden, Brent Kunkle
- Jim Mickle, Peter Phak, Adam Folk, Ryan Samul, Graham Reznick, Jeff Grace
- Going For The Throat: The Making Of Stake Land by Eric Stanze
- Character Prequels: 7 Short Films from Directors Larry Fessenden, Danielle Harris, Glenn McQuaid, JT Petty, Graham Reznick
- Video Diaries by Jim Mickle: Pre-Production-Storyboards-Visual FX-Post Production
- Toronto International Film Festival Premiere and Q&A
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 04/29/2011
"STAKE LAND does exhibit a painterly eye and feel for performance..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/27/2011
3 stars out of 4 -- "Director Jim Mickle, who co-wrote the film with his star Nick Damici, has crafted a good-looking, well-played and atmospheric apocalyptic vision."
Box Office - 05/03/2011
"[A] horrifying, exquisitely rendered portrait of catastrophe that has the potential to become one of the year's sleepers, reaching beyond its horror base to fans of well-wrought, dystopian drama."
New York Times - 04/22/2011
"[U]nusually taut....[With] an unstable atmosphere of lurking horror."
Total Film - 06/01/2011
3 stars out of 5 -- "Part gothic action-fantasy, part elegy for a world gone to hell....[It] displays a sharp eye for detail..."
An orphaned teenager joins a stoic vampire hunter and a desperate group of survivors as they search for a safe haven in a land overrun by monstrous bloodsuckers and ruthless fundamentalists intent on taking over the United States. His entire family slaughtered by vampires, terrified teen Martin (Connor Paolo) is rescued from certain death by a mysterious vampire hunter named Mister (Nick Damici), who trains him how to wield a wooden stake as they wander the wastelands in search of survivors. Before long, the duo is joined by conflicted nun Sister (Kelly McGillis), resourceful youngster Willie (Sean Nelson), and a pregnant teenager (Danielle Harris) looking for a safe place to give birth. With supplies running low and safe houses hard to come by, the group sets their sights on a place known as "New Eden," the last stronghold of humanity. But getting there won't be easy because the crazed fundamentalists who travel the roads by day are even more dangerous than the evil bloodsuckers who stalk the darkness.
Future / Futuristic Worlds |