Give 'Em the Boot, Volume 5
by Various Artists
- Released: May 23, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Hellcat Records
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.63"The ska is deep and rootsy...and the psychobilly throbs and hollers as it's supposed to do."
- 1.Tattoo - Rancid
- 2.Warriors Code - Dropkick Murphys
- 3.Cold Concrete - Time Again
- 4.Swift Silent Deadly - Tiger Army
- 5.Act the Part - The Unseen (previously unreleased)
- 6.Crazy - The Slackers
- 7.Sinner, The - Left Alone (previously unreleased)
- 8.Funky Fire - The Aggrolites
- 9.Crawl Straight Home - HorrorPops
- 10.Another Generation - Roger Miret & The Disasters (previously unreleased)
- 11.Widow Maker - Heart Attacks (previously unreleased)
- 12.Pamint de Mort - Mercy Killers
- 13.I'm No Different - Westbound Train (previously unreleased)
- 14.Kids Aren't Quiet on Sharmon Palms, The - Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards
- 15.I'm a C%$t - Orange (previously unreleased)
- 16.Driller Killer - Nekromantix
- 17.Victim of Hate - Static Thought
- 18.Day 4 Night - Los Difunos (previously unreleased)
Tim Armstrong's Hellcat label unleashes the fifth volume in this wildly popular compilation series that acts as a label sampler, a taster for new and forthcoming albums, as well as a showcase for smaller acts, and further endearing itself to fans by bundling in a bumper crop of previously unreleased tracks. From the get go Give 'Em the Boot, Vol. 5 has been a labor of musical love, and even if there are only 18 bands included this time around (the fourth volume stuffed in 26) quality makes up for quantity. Armstrong's own band Rancid kick off the proceedings, with bandmate Lars Frederiksen and his side project the Bastards appearing later in the set. As always, there's a clutch of well-chosen numbers from Hellcat stalwarts, including the Dropkick Murphys, the Slackers, and Tiger Army, with Orange unleashing a previously unreleased song. HorrorPops, Left Alone, Nekromantix, the Aggrolites, and Time Again offer up scintillating cuts from their new albums, and a whirlwind of styles as well, from the Banshees-go-hardcore of Horrorpops to the speedcore-billy of Nekromantix, and back in time for the funky '60s-labored the Aggrolites, to the modern punk sounds of Left Alone and the Rancid-esque Time Again. The unreleased tracks are just as diverse, encompassing the surfs-up sounds of los Difuntos, the trad Jamaican stylings of Westbound Train, the aptly monikered Heartbreakers inspired the Heart Attacks, and onto the slash and burn hardcore of Static Thought. As always, it's the eclecticism of the music that reflects the label's own, as well as Armstrong's own distinctive taste. And it's inevitably excellent at that, which is why the label and this notable series remains so highly esteemed. ~ Jo-Ann Greene
Voice of a Generation [2 Discs] [Deluxe Ed.] [Bonus CD]...
$14.81 Super Savings
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE