Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 12, 2011
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Shout Factory
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary By Writer John Sayles and Roger Corman
- Commentary By Production Manager Gale Anne Hurd
- The Man Who Would Be Shad - New Interview with Actor Richard Thomas
- Space Opera On A Shoestring - A Comprehensive Look At The Technical Challenges And Postproduction Of The Film With Aaron Lipstadt, Alec Gillis, Alex Hajdu, Allan Holzman, R.J. Kizer, Robert & Dennis Skotak, Thom Shouse And Tony Randel
- Trailer, TV And Radio Spots
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/09/1980
"...Inspired by Kurosawa's SEVEN SAMURAI and visited by the spirit of a wiseacre Lewis Carroll....A fair amount of amusement..."
Gallant space mercenaries team up with an assortment of odd life forms to save the planet Akir from destruction. A post-STAR WARS intergalactic war movie with a strong cult following. Based loosely on Akira Kurosawa's SEVEN SAMURAI.
Science-fiction tale about the harmless inhabitants of the planet Akir, whose tranquility is suddenly threatened by a wicked tyrant who plans to take over their planet. To prevent this, a noble young man sets out to find a few good soldiers who will help him defeat the cruel overlord. Will the underdogs succeed'