The Police The Police (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 5, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: A&M
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Fallout
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Can't Stand Losing You
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Next To You
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Roxanne
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Truth Hits Everybody
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Hole In My Life
- $1.29 on iTunes7.So Lonely
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Message In A Bottle
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Reggatta De Blanc
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Bring On The Night
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Walking On The Moon
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Don't Stand So Close To Me
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Driven To Tears
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Canary In A Coalmine
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Voices Inside My Head
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Invisible Sun
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Spirits In The Material World
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Demolition Man
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Every Breath You Take
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Synchronicity I
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Wrapped Around Your Finger
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Walking In Your Footsteps
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Synchronicity II
- $1.29 on iTunes12.King Of Pain
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Murder By Numbers
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Tea In The Sahara
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Henri Padovani (guitar); Jean Roussel (keyboards).
Recording information: Air Studios, Montserrat (02/1977); Le Studio, Quebec, Canada (02/1977); Pathway Studios, London, England (02/1977); Surrey Sounds Studios (02/1977); Wissellord Studios, Hilversum, The Netherlands (02/1977).
Photographers: John F. Rodgers; Norman Seeff; Jill Furmanovsky.
Released to coincide with the Police's long-awaited 2007 reunion tour, this self-titled two-disc anthology neatly chronicles the band's progression from faux punks to New Wave avatars to pop superstars. Reconfiguring the notion of the power trio by playing less instead of more, the Police hid their technical prowess at first, clothing their pop smarts in simple, punky riffs on "Fall Out" and "Next to You." At the same time, they were pioneering the fusion of rock and reggae with such tracks as "I Can't Stand Losing You" and the mega-hit "Roxanne."
As the collection moves along, we hear the band opening up their approach to allow in horns, keyboards, and a sophisticated pop sensibility. The Police of the smoothly textured "Wrapped Around Your Finger" are nearly unrecognizable as the same band that came raging out of the gate on "Truth Hits Everybody." This capable distillation of the Police oeuvre is a testament to their legacy-- a distinctive style that, as popular as they were, few even attempted to imitate.
Steely DanThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$3.85 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE