Elliott Smith New Moon (2-CD)
20 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.96 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.02 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Kill Rock Stars
Rolling Stone - p.964 stars out of 5 -- "[O]ne of his generation's most brilliant songwriters, capable of breaking your heart in twelve words or less....[These songs] offer a snapshot of Smith's most fertile period..."
Spin - p.944 stars out of 5 -- "'Angel in the Snow' and a bright but stripped -down cover of Big Star's 'Thirteen,' get to Smith's best impulse: a willingness to find the innocence in life."
Entertainment Weekly - p.68"[A]s emotionally powerful as anything in his catalog....[A] masterpiece." -- Grade: A
No Depression - pp.84-85"[T]here is an addictive quality to his sweet-toned vocals and melodious one-man arrangements. This is an artist who may bog down in pain, but can't seem to lose sight of beauty."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Angel In The Snow
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Talking To Mary
- $0.99 on iTunes3.High Times
- $0.99 on iTunes4.New Monkey
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Looking Over My Shoulder
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Going Nowhere
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Riot Coming
- $0.99 on iTunes8.All Cleaned Out
- $0.99 on iTunes9.First Timer
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Go By
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Miss Misery (early version)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Thirteen
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Georgia, Georgia
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Whatever (Folk Song In C)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Big Decision
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Placeholder
- $0.99 on iTunes5.New Disaster
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Seen How Things Are Hard
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Fear City
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Either / Or
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Pretty Mary K
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Almost Over
- $0.99 on iTunes11.See You Later
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Half Right
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Audio Mixers: Rob Schnapf; Tom Rothrock; Elliott Smith; Larry Crane .
Liner Note Authors: Larry Crane ; Rebecca Gates; Sam Coomes; Sean Croghan; Christopher O'Riley.
Recording information: Elliott's Basement (1994-1997); Elliott's House (1994-1997); Heatmiser House (1994-1997); Joanna Bolme's House (1994-1997); Uncercover Inc (1994-1997).
Nearly four years after his tragic death, NEW MOON is a two-disc compilation of previously unissued recordings by the late singer-songwriter Elliott Smith. The majority of the 24 tracks on NEW MOON are solo home recordings featuring only Smith's voice and guitar, most of them recorded between 1994 and 1998 as Smith was leaving the band Heatmiser for his solo career. Given that Smith's solo albums, prior to his major label debut, FIGURE EIGHT, were themselves mostly lo-fi acoustic solo recordings, there is little difference between these quiet, haunted tunes and his proper albums of the time. NEW MOON even includes a very early version of "Miss Misery," the song that garnered Smith an Academy Award nomination after it appeared in the film GOOD WILL HUNTING. Compiled and produced by Larry Crane, who was a friend and creative partner of Smith's through much of his career, NEW MOON is not a cynical plundering of the vaults, but a well-chosen collection of solid material that fans will want to hear.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Kac-Ties The Very Best of The Kac-Ties (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE