Hairspray (Musical/2007) (Soundtrack To The Motion Picture)
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.50 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 10, 2007
- Label: Watertower Music
- 1.Hairspray: Good Morning Baltimore
- 2.Hairspray: The Nicest Kids in Town
- 3.Hairspray: It Takes Two
- 4.Hairspray: (The Legend Of) Miss Baltimore Crabs
- 5.Hairspray: I Can Hear the Bells
- 6.Hairspray: Ladies' Choice
- 7.Hairspray: The New Girl in Town
- 8.Hairspray: Welcome to the 60s
- 9.Hairspray: Run and Tell That
- 10.Hairspray: Big, Blonde and Beautiful
- 11.Hairspray: Big, Blonde and Beautiful (Reprise) - (Reprise)
- 12.Hairspray: (You're) Timeless to Me
- 13.Hairspray: I Know Where I've Been
- 14.Hairspray: Without Love
- 15.Hairspray: (It's) Hairspray
- 16.Hairspray: You Can't Stop the Beat
- 17.Hairspray: Come So Far (Got So Far to Go)
- 18.Hairspray: Cooties
- 19.Hairspray: Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now
- 20.[CD-ROM Track]
Lyricists: Marc Shaiman; Scott Wittman.
Personnel: Christopher Walken, Nikki Blonsky, Zac Efron, Brittany Snow, Elijah Kelley, Aimee Allen, Ricki Lake, James Marsden, Terita Redd, John Travolta, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Michelle Pfeiffer, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, Shayna Steele (vocals); Michael Thompson , Weldon Dean Parks, George Doering (guitar); Gayle Levant (harp); Eun Mee Ahn, Rebecca Bunnell, Katia Popov, Mark Sazer, Aimee Kreston, Alan Grunfeld, Henry Gronnier, Ken Yerke, Phillip Levy , Lily Chen, Tamara Hatwan, Ralph Morrison III, Eric J. Hosler, Joel Derouin, Sid Page, Jacqueline Brand, Roberto Cani, Bruce Dukov, Marina Manukian, Armen Garabedian, Darius Campo, Liane Mautner, Dimitrie Leivici, Rafael Rishik, Endre Granat (violin); Shawn Mann, Marlow Fisher, Matthew Funes, Rick Gerding, Pamela Goldsmith, Brian Dembow, Keith Greene, Jennie Hansen, Dave Walther, Piotr Jandula, Darrin McCann, Shanti Randall (viola); Greg Huckins, Geri Rotella (flute); Ralph Williams , Gary Bovyer, James Kanter, Brandon Fields (clarinet); Thomas Boyd, Phil Ayling (oboe); Allen Savedoff, Rose Corrigan (bassoon); Dan Higgins, Larry Andrew Williams, Larry E. Williams, Lawrence Williams, Joel Peskin, Bill Liston (saxophone); Daniel Fornero, Gary Grant, Jon Lewis , Jerry Hey, Larry Hall , Warren Luening, Wayne Bergeron (trumpet); Steven Holtman, Alexander Iles, Andrew Martin , Charles Loper, Craig Gosnell, William Frank "Bill" Reichenbach Jr. (trombone); Steven Becknell, Richard Todd, Brian O'Connor, Jim Thatcher (horns); Keith Cotton, James Cox, Marc Shaiman, Michael Lang , Randy Kerber (keyboards); Alan Estes, Steven Schaeffer, Luis Conte, Paulinho Da Costa, Peter Limonick, Daniel Greco, Brad Dutz, Brian Kilgore (percussion); Lucian Piane (programming).
Audio Mixers: Ed Cherney ; Frank Wolf; Peter Mokran.
Liner Note Authors: Marc Shaiman; Adam Shankman.
Recording information: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Conway Recording Studios; Legacy Recording Studios; MSI; Record Plant; sony Music Studios; Stage M; The Mastering Lab; Westlake Recording Studios.
Authors: Marc Shaiman; Adam.
Editors: Katrina Schiller; Lisa Jaime; Sally Boldt; William Kaplan.
Ensembles: Marc Shaiman; Frank Wolf; Chester Gregory; Carmel Echols; Clifford Frazier; Lucian Piane; Sabrina Sloan; Michael Mayo; Katharine Leonard; Jennifer Gambatese; Jessica Rotter; Clarke Thorell; Keith Cotton; Ayanna Williams; Louis Price; Arnold McCuller; Bobbi Page; Shoshana Bean; Terron Brooks.
Photographer: David James Jr.
Based on the Broadway musical (which was based on the 1988 film by John Waters), the 2007 film adaptation of HAIRSPRAY finds the story coming full circle back to the silver screen. Driven by the star power of Queen Latifah, Michelle Pfeiffer, and John Travolta (who steals the show with his dressed-in-drag performance as the protagonist's mother), the film features all the upbeat, foot-stomping songs that made the Broadway production such a hit, including "Good Morning Baltimore," "(The Legend of) Miss Baltimore Crabs," and "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful."
Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, the authors of the original show, wrote three new songs for the film: "New Girl in Town," "Come So Far," and the single-worthy "Ladies' Choice," and these tunes blend (in quality and in character) with the originals. Likewise, songs from the original Broadway production that do not appear in the film, including "Cooties" and "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" appear here in new versions. Fans may quibble over the relative merits of the stage version verses the screen, but both should enjoy these energetic performances of HAIRSPRAY's familiar songs.
Legally Blonde: The Musical [Original Broadway Cast...
$16.55 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 176 ratings.
Based on 176 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE