Ryan Adams Easy Tiger
Only 10 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 26, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Lost Highway
Spin - p.964 stars out of 5 -- "You get deep-twang country rock, fuzzy new-wave pop, a little old-school mountain music, and a handful of acoustic emo-folk ballads."
Entertainment Weekly - p.139"EASY TIGER keeps it simple: beguiling melodies, an ace band, and Adams' elastic tenor." -- Grade: A-
Uncut - p.1144 stars out of 5 -- "Adams appears more at ease in his own skin, soothing himself into these 13 songs rather than straining hard....EASY TIGER feels like a more assured follow-up to the countrified COLD ROSES."
Alternative Press - p.1783.5 stars out of 5 -- "Adams often finds himself revisiting past glories on EASY TIGER....A rather pleasing listen..."
CMJ - p.41"Backed by his trusty band, the Cardinals, Adams continues to touch hearts with woeful tales of love-gone-wrong."
No Depression - p.92"'Two Hearts' is as catchy a piece of country-rock as a Flying Burrito Brother could have imagined, and the execution is flawless."
Q (Magazine) - p.78Ranked #27 in Q's "The 50 Best Albums Of 2007" -- "[T]hese 14 compact, tuneful songs slip by with a deceptive, but pleasing ease."
- 1.Goodnight Rose
- 3.Everybody Knows
- 5.Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.
- 6.Tears of Gold
- 7.The Sun Also Sets
- 8.Off Broadway
- 9.Pearls on a String
- 10.Rip Off
- 11.Two Hearts
- 12.These Girls
- 13.I Taught Myself How to Grow Old
Audio Mixer: Jamie Candiloro.
Recording information: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY.
Photographers: Phillip Andelman; Neal Casal; Andy West ; Jon Graboff.
Ever since his 2001 breakout, Ryan Adams has been a critical lightning rod and a PR disaster. From infamous onstage fits and a barrage of albums simultaneously prolific and scatterbrained, Adams's relationship with fame was bristly at best. Even the I-was-this-close-to-dying drug confessions that immediately pre-dated the release of this record seemed like a clumsy bid for Keith Richards-style rockitude. Critics and even frustrated fans all seemed to agree: the kid has talent, but he's very annoying. In this milieu, Adams drops EASY TIGER--his ninth record of the decade--with a title that suggests that he and everyone else should take a step back and reassess.
Fans will rejoice: EASY TIGER--recorded with his backing band, the Cardinals--is the closest Adams has sounded to the style on his excellent debut, HEARTBREAKER. His ADD genre approach is on display here--from the lazy, AMERICAN BEAUTY-style bluegrass of "Pearls on a String" to the full-roar power pop of "Halloweenhead" to the blue-eyed-soul duet with Sheryl Crow, "Two." The songs are tight and to the point; almost all are uniformly great; and all serve to bolster his case for "importance" as a songwriter that years of overt trying have failed to yield. Seems like "easy, tiger" is that successful approach Adams has been looking so hard for.
John Wesley HardingHere Comes The Groom / The Name Above The Title (2-CD)
$8.27 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 103 ratings.
Based on 103 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE