- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 14, 2007
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 2-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Japanese, Portuguese
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Japanese, Portuguese - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes (2)
- Audio Commentary: Brian Froud
- Featurette: Journey Through the Labyrinth
- Documentary: Making of
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"You remind me of the babe."--Jareth (David Bowie) to one of the goblins
"The babe with the power."--Jareth
"What power'"--Another goblin
"The power of voodoo."--Jareth
"Remind me of the babe."
"Ow! It bit me!"--Sarah (Jennifer Connelly) to Hoggle about a fairy
"What'd you expect fairies to do'"--Hoggle
"I thought they did nice things...like granting wishes!"--Sarah
"Shows what you know, don't it'"
New York Times - 06/27/1986
"...A fabulous film...[and] in many ways, a remarkable achievement..."
Variety - 06/25/1986
"...[Bowie] looks intriguing..."
Fifteen-year-old Sarah (Jennifer Connelly) is so resentful of her baby brother Toby that she hopes he will just disappear. Her dream becomes reality when goblins kidnap the boy--but Sarah unexpectedly finds herself horrified by the loss. So she sets forth to retrieve him, and finds herself on the adventure of a lifetime. To accomplish her task, she will somehow have to reach the center of the fantastical labyrinth where the wicked Goblin King (David Bowie, who performs two songs) has imprisoned the lad. But the task is easier said than done, for the maze is filled with strange creatures and mind-bending puzzles that confuse the girl. Directed by Jim Henson and penned by Monty Python's Terry Jones, LABYRINTH is a distinctive, beautifully designed dark fantasy for all ages.
Family (General) |
Fantasy Worlds |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
Kids Adventure |
Theatrical Release |
Witches And Wizards
- Co-produced by Lucasfilm, Ltd.
- Filmed in JDC Widescreen; color by Rank Fujicolor.
- Additional cast: Christopher Malcolm (Father); Natalie Finland (Fairy); Shari Weiser (puppeteer: Hoggle); Ron Mueck (puppeteer: Ludo); Rob Mills (voice: Ludo); David Barclay (puppeteer: Didymus) and David Shaughnessy (voice: Didymus).
- Additional credits: Cheryl McFadden (director of choreography and puppet movement); Brian Henson (puppeteer coordinator); Ellis Flyte (costume design); Tony Dunsterville (chief animatronic design) and Ken Baker (assistant director).