- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 5, 2011
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 06/01/1996
"...The film achieves the eerie, oneiric quality Ridley was surely striving for..."
Raised in a hyper-religious cult, a sheltered young man moves into a new town falls in love with a mysterious beauty, who may or may not be a witch. He ultimately turns to violence as his obsession grows unbearable. A direct-to-video semi-erotic thriller.
Darkly Noon is a sheltered young man who follows the Bible's preachings to the very letter. When his parents are murdered, the upset Darkly takes off into the woods, ultimately meeting the sultry Callie, whose husband is away. While Darkly stays at her house, the conflict between his religious convictions and his carnal desires begin to tear at him, and the return of Callie's husband does not assuage matters. So when a strange woman tells Darkly a story about Callie's past -- a tale which may or may not be true -- it affects him in a most unpleasant way.
- Shown at the 1995 Cannes Film Festival and Berlin Fantasy Film Festival.
- Received a theatrical release in Europe.
- Presented by Entertainment Film Distributors & New Capital Group.
- A Fugitive Features/Die Hauskunst/Keytsman production.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1995 Fugitive Darkly Noon Ltd.