The Briefs Steal Your Heart
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by The Cute Lepers ~ Can't Stand Modern Music $8.84
- Released: October 18, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Better Youth Org.
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Genital General
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Criminal Youth
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Move Too Slow
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lint Fabrik
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Getting Hit on at the Bank
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Stuck on You
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Can't Work
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Can't Get Through
- $0.99 on iTunes9.My Girl (Wants to Be a Zombie)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Normal Jerks
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Forty and Above
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Razorblade Heart
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
They may or may not steal yer heart, but on their fourth album, the Briefs do continue to sound as if they might have stolen your uncle's record collection. They make no bones about their influences: within any randomly selected two-minute snippet you'll hear the Buzzcocks, the Undertones, the Adverts, maybe even some Stiff Little Fingers. The fake British accents (these guys are from Seattle) can be taken as a matter of course, and so can the period-appropriate 28-minute album length (though it would be easier to accept if it came with a period-appropriate album price: if memory serves, an Undertones LP went for about $7.29 new). But all caveats and qualifications notwithstanding, there's no denying the genuine trashy pleasures to be found on this album, in particular the Ramones-go-Oi! thrasher "My Girl (Wants to Be a Zombie)," the slightly icky cougar-hunting anthem "Forty and Above," and the spastically brilliant "Criminal Youth." Very nice. ~ Rick Anderson
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!