Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 5, 2011
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Note: Audio commentary with filmmakers
- Deleted scenes
- The wedding Planners documentary
- Four Weddings and a funeral: in the making featurette
- Two actors and a director featurette
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 09/01/1994
"...It's all good proper fun in the English tradition..." - Recommended
Sight and Sound - 06/01/1994
"...Andie MacDowell looks ravishing....Kristen Scott Thomas makes a marvellously brittle Fiona..."
New York Times - 03/09/1994
"...A multi-tiered confection with a romantic spirit and an enchantingly pretty veneer. Elegant, festive and very, very funny....A career-making role [for Grant]..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/25/1994
"...Infectious charm and sunny goodwill..." -- Rating: A-
Los Angeles Times - 03/09/1994
"...Cheerful and witty....It offers the kind of sly pleasure only British comedy seems to provide..."
Charles (Hugh Grant) is a confirmed British bachelor with a colorful romantic background who meets the perfect woman, Carrie (Andie MacDowell), at a friend's wedding. However, Charles's hopes of romance are dashed when Carrie announces she must return to America the next morning. The two continue to cross paths at other people's weddings, never finding each other at a time when both are single. As all of Charles's friends find love, he's left wondering if he will ever be the one going to the altar.
With subtle and lighthearted storytelling, director Mike Newell makes viewers feel intimate with characters who are shown in their happiest and saddest moments. The talented, funny cast--including Kristin Scott Thomas, Simon Callow, and Rowan Atkinson--portrays a very convincing group of friends in search of true love.
In Mike Newell's FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL, a perennial British bachelor with meets a beautiful American woman at a friend's wedding but finds their chance at romance prevented by her return to the States. Surprisingly, the two keep running into each other but never at the right time.
- FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL was the opening film at the 1994 Sundance Film Festival.
- Shot on location in London and other parts of England.