The Beach Boys Endless Harmony: The Beach Boys Story
|You Save:||$2.20 (10% Off)|
- by The Beach Boys ~ Double Feature: An American Band / Brian Wilson - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times ~ $10.92
- by The Beach Boys ~ Good Timin': Live At Knebworth, England 1980 ~ $8.99
- by The Beach Boys ~ Good Vibrations Tour ~ $8.57
- by The Beach Boys ~ Surfing USA: Featuring the Hits of The Beach Boys ~ $1.98 (Save 87%)
- by Brian Wilson ~ Songwriter 1962-1969 (2-DVD) ~ $18.52
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 21 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 14, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Capitol
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||The Beach Boys|
|Featured:||Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine & Carl Wilson|
|Directed by||Alan Boyd|
|Produced by||Stephanie Bennett|
"[T]he old black-and-white TV show footage is wonderfully kitsch, while the poignant Dennis eulogy suggest he could make for a fascinating film."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Now for the first time, The Beach Boys themselves reveal the story of their rise from suburban pop fledglings to American Institution. Featuring exclusive interviews with Brian and Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine and Bruce Johnston, as well as previously unreleased tracks and the band's own archival footage from the Pet Sounds era and their European tours, Endless Harmony explores the unique contributions of each individual to The Beach Boys' ongoing legacy.
This DVD features 45 Beach Boys' songs, including previously unreleased versions of the classics "Good Vibrations," "California Girls," "God Only Knows" and "Heroes And Villains," and revealing rarities, including "Loop De Loop (Flip Flop Flyin' In An Aeroplane)," "Brian's Back," "Barbara" and "Soulful Old Man Sunshine"; 5 bonus DVD video clips for "Surfin' USA," "Things We Did Last Summer," "Little Deuce Coupe," "In My Room," "Sloop John B." and "Friends"; and 7 bonus DVD 5.1 Surround Sound audio mixes for "California Girls," "Kiss Me Baby," "God Only Knows," Surf's Up," "Long Promised Road," "Sail On Sailor" and "Do It Again."
- ENDLESS HARMONY originally aired on VH1 on August 23, 1998.
- The DVD includes separate videos for: "Surfin' USA," "The Things We Did Last Summer," "Little Deuce Coup," "Sloop John B," and "Friend," as well as seven other tracks as DVD audio mixes.
- A soundtrack for the documentary, ENDLESS HARMONY: THE ALBUM, is available.
- ENDLESS HARMONY was nominated for a 2001 Grammy award for "Best Long Form Video," but lost to GIMME SOME TRUTH: THE MAKING OF JOHN LENNON'S IMAGINE ALBUM.
- The running time of 141 minutes listed on the back of the DVD box is for total running time of film and extras. The actual documentary is only 105 minutes, which is expanded from the original VH1 broadcast length of 90 minutes.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 45 ratings.