- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 28, 2011
- Label: American Gramaphone
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Come Home to the Sea
- 4.Sunrise at Rhodes
- 5.Fantasia / Interrupted Thought [Door 1]
- 6.Fantasia / The Ugly Head of Greed [Door 2]
- 7.Fantasia / Pride [Door 3]
- 8.Fantasia / Relaxation [Door 4]
- 9.Fantasia / Frenetic Energy [Door 5]
- 10.Fantasia / Nostalgia [Door 6]
- 11.Fantasia / Thermal Inversion [Door 7]
- 12.The 7 Colours of the Rainbow
- 13.The Sky
- 14.Pass the Keg
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.The 7 Stars of the Big Dipper
- 3.Midnight on a Full Moon
- 4.Wolfgang Amaedus Penguin
- 5.Dancing Flames
- 6.The 7 Metals of Alchemy
- 7.The Circle of Love
- 9.The Steamroller
- 11.Going to Another Place
Personnel: Chip Davis (vocals, dulcimer, recorder, synthesizer, drums, percussion, toys); Jackson Berkey (vocals, tack piano, toy piano, Fender Rhodes piano, clavichord, keyboards, synthesizer); Ron Cooley (guitar); Eric Hansen (classical guitar, lute); Steve Shipps, Arnie Roth (violin); Bobby Jensen (oboe); David "High D" Kappy (French horn).
Recording information: American Gramaphone Studios, The University of Downstai; CRC Studios, Chicago, IL; CTS Studios, London, England; Sound Recorders.
Creator: Chip Davis.
Arranger: Chip Davis.
Fresh Aire Music of Mannheim Steamroller collects 25 tracks from the venerable new age collective, all of which were personally selected by creator and founder Chip Davis. Culled from the group's eight studio albums under the Fresh Aire moniker (tracks from the popular, Grammy-winning holiday albums do not appear here), the anthology covers a wide breadth of material that spans nearly three decades. This portion of Davis' audiophile blend of neo-classical and contemporary new age instrumental music has been collected before, most notably on 2000's Fresh Aire Collector's Box, Vols. 1-8, but listeners who are looking for a less demanding introduction to Mannheim Steamroller may find this "highlights" disc to be a far more more palatable overview. ~ James Christopher Monger