Roy Orbison Monumental Hits
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This 25-track release features Roy Orbison's best work on the Monument record label. The five years (1960-65) he spent recording for this label were among his most productive, and yielded classics such as "Only the Lonely," "Crying," "Blue Bayou," "Running Scared," and "Oh, Pretty Woman."
- 1.Only The Lonely
- 2.Running Scared
- 3.Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- 5.Oh Pretty Woman
- 6.In Dreams
- 7.I'm Hurtin'
- 8.It's Over
- 9.Blue Angel
- 10.The Crowd
- 11.Mean Woman Blues
- 12.Blue Bayou
- 13.Love Hurts
- 14.Candy Man
- 16.Workin' For The Man
- 17.Pretty Paper
- 18.Only With You
- 19.Today's Teardrops
- 20.Here Comes That Song Again
- 21.Sleepy Hollow
- 22.The Actress
- 23.Yo Te Amo Maria
- 25.Distant Drums
All tracks originally recorded for Monument Records.
Recorded between 1960 & 1965. Includes liner notes Nick Shaffran.
Liner Note Author: Nick Shaffran.
Recording information: 1960-1965.
Collectables Records' Roy Orbison compilation Monumental Hits, issued at a discount price, compares favorably with other single-disc Orbison hits collections. As the title suggests, these are original Monument Records recordings licensed from Monument's corporate parent, Sony Music. Orbison recorded for the label between 1960 and 1965, and scored all his early major hits there. All of those Top 20 singles are included -- "Only the Lonely (Know How I Feel)," "Blue Angel," "Running Scared," "Crying," "Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)," "In Dreams," "Mean Woman Blues," "Pretty Paper," "It's Over," and "Oh, Pretty Woman" -- along with most of Orbison's Top 40 hits of the period. A few of those lesser hits are missing ("Falling," "Goodnight," and "[Say] You're My Girl"), and, oddly, the album concludes with eight B-sides of the hit singles, including the B-sides of the missing A-side hits. None of them are great lost songs. ("Love Hurts," a B-side, heard earlier in the collection, is, however.) As a hits collection, the album would have been better if it had been sequenced chronologically, if it had included such non-Monument Orbison favorites as "Ooby Dooby" and "You Got It," and if there were fewer obscurities. But the sound is good, all the big Monument hits are here, and the price is right. ~ William Ruhlmann
DionWanderer - His Greatest Hits On Laurie Records (CD)
$3.99 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Monumental Hits Roy Orbison Music Lover: Cliff Valentine from Millmont, PA US -- February, 21, 2006
You get it all with this CD. All of Roy's great hits are here. Well worth the cost of the CD.
- Sales Rank: 13,444
- UPC: 090431285626
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3