Loudon Wainwright III Strange Weirdos: Music From & Inspired By 'Knocked Up'
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Concord Records
Uncut - p.1064 stars out of 5 -- "Aided by a stellar supporting cast, STRANGE WEIRDOS is a smooth and consistent affair..."
Dirty Linen - p.55"Wainwright once again sets the standard for well-crafted songwriting."
- 1.Grey In L.A. - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 2.You Can't Fail Me Now - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 3.Daughter - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 4.Ypsilanti - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 5.So Much To Do - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 6.Valley Morning - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 7.X Or Y - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 8.Final Frontier - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 9.Feel So Good - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 10.Lullaby - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 11.Naomi - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 12.Doin' The Math - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 13.Strange Weirdos - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
- 14.Passion Play - (with Loudon Wainwright III)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Additional personnel: Richard Thompson (electric guitar); Van Dyke Parks (piano); Jebin Bruni (organ); Niki Haris, Portia Griffin, Jean McClain (background vocals); Section Quartet.
Singer-songwriter Loudon Wainwright III restarted his career as an actor on the short-lived sitcom UNDECLARED in 2001: although that series only lasted a season, Wainwright appeared in creator Judd Apatow's smash hit, THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN, in a bit part, and wrote the soundtrack to Apatow's follow-up, KNOCKED UP, written by and starring Wainwright's UNDECLARED co-star Seth Rogen. Although he's of an earlier generation, Wainwright's trademark sense of wry black humor and almost exhibitionist emotional honesty fit in perfectly with those of the emo generation. With guest spots by Richard Thompson and Van Dyke Parks, among others, STRANGE WEIRDOS combines a handful of instrumental themes with several brand-new and deeply affecting Wainwright originals, including "X Or Y" and "Final Frontier," which nods to his son Rufus Wainwright's cabaret obsessions. Not just another film soundtrack, STRANGE WEIRDOS is also a solid Loudon Wainwright III album.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock 'n Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie First Time! The Count Meets The Duke / Count Basie Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Charlie Byrd Travelin' Man / The Touch of Gold (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE