The Easybeats Friday On My Mind / Falling Off The Edge of The World
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 2848
- Pirate Radio ~ $10.83
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: United Artists 6588 (1967)
- Original Album #2: United Artists 6667 (1968)
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Easybeats were Australia's contribution to the British Invasion of the mid-1960s. With the assistance of producer Shel Talmy (The Who, The Kinks), the Easybeats scored their first U.K. hit in 1966 with "Friday On My Mind" - a song which later hit the Top 20 in the United States. After calling it quits in 1969, bandmembers Harry Vanda and George Young dedicated themselves to producing and songwriting, and helped launch AC/DC (which included Young's brothers Angus and Malcolm). This two-fer includes their 1967 single, "Heaven and Hell," which was banned by the BBC.
- 1.Friday On My Mind
- 2.River Deep, Mountain High
- 3.Do You Have A Soul
- 4.Saturday Night
- 5.You Me, We Love
- 6.Pretty Girl
- 7.Happy Is The Man
- 8.Make You Feel Alright (Women)
- 9.Who'll Be The One
- 10.Made My Bed, Gonna Lie In It
- 11.Remember Sam
- 12.See Line Woman
- 13.Gonna Have A Good Time
- 14.What In The World
- 15.Falling Off The Edge Of The World (Seeing You With Him)
- 16.The Music Goes Round My Head
- 17.Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- 18.Come In, You'll Get Pneumonia
- 19.See Saw
- 20.Land Of Make Believe
- 21.Fancy Seeing You Here
- 22.Hello, How Are You
- 23.Hit The Road Jack
- 24.I Can't Stand It
- 25.Heaven And Hell (Bonus Track)
2 LPs on 1 CD: FRIDAY ON MY MIND (1967)/FALLING OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD (1968).
The Easybeats: Little Stevie Wright (vocals); Harry Vanda, George Young (guitar); Dick Diamonde (bass): Snowy Fleet (drums).
Producers: Shel Talmy, The Easybeats, Mike Vaughan.
Originally released on United Artists (6588) & United Artists (6667). Includes liner notes Al Fichera.
Personnel: Harry Vanda (guitar); Dick Diamonde (bass guitar); Snowy Fleet (drums).
Liner Note Author: Al Fichera.
This Collectables two-fer reissue from the Australian Easybeats -- "Friday on My Mind" from 1967 and the follow-up, Falling off the Edge of the World -- is perfunctory but not recommended. Of course, their one hit, "Friday on My Mind," is included with 24 similar pop tracks, but it doesn't include any of their superior pre-1967 material. Since the group was essentially a one-hit wonder, there aren't many lost classics scattered throughout the disc. The Very Best of the Easybeats, released in 2003 on Varese, contains earlier material and is the better purchase. ~ Al Campbell
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Manfred MannPretty Flamingo / The Five Faces of Manfred Mann (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Friday on My Mind [2005 Germany Bonus Tracks] (CD)
Flower Power - The Music of the Love Generation (10-CD)
Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts From The British Empire &... (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE