Judy Garland Miss Show Business / Judy
|You Save:||$3.99 (24% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 2846
- by Judy Garland ~ Judy At Carnegie Hall (2-CD) ~ $20.40
- by Judy Garland ~ A Star Is Born [1954 Soundtrack] [2004 Bonus Tracks] ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- 1.Medley: A) This Is The Time Of The Evening B) While We're Young
- 2.Medley: A) You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want To Do It) B) For Me And My Gal C) The Boy Next Door D) The Trolley Song E) A Pretty Girl Milking Her Cow F) Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody G) Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe
- 3.Judy At The Palace: A) Shine On Harvest Moon B) My Man C) Some Of These Days D) I Don't Care
- 4.Carolina In The Morning
- 5.Danny Boy
- 6.After You've Gone
- 7.Over The Rainbow
- 8.Come Rain Or Come Shine
- 9.Just Imagine
- 10.I Feel A Song Comin' On
- 11.Last Night When We Were Young
- 12.Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries
- 13.April Showers
- 14.Maybe I'll Come Back
- 15.Dirty Hands, Dirty Face
- 16.Lucky Day
- 17.Memories Of You
- 18.Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home
2 LPs on 1 CD: MISS SHOW BUSINESS (1955)/JUDY (1956).
Personnel includes: Judy Garland (vocals); Harold Mooney, Nelson Riddle (arranger, conductor).
Originally released on Capitol.
Judy Garland's first two Capitol Records albums, 1955's Miss Show Business and 1956's Judy, are combined on this discount-priced reissue. Both were recorded when the singer was 33 years old. By then, she had come to the end of her Hollywood career and launched her second career as a concert performer. Both albums were tied into television specials without being soundtracks per se. The ten tracks making up Miss Show Business actually hearkened back further, since they constituted much of the repertoire Garland had developed to launch her stage act in 1951, combining songs from her movies and old vaudeville numbers, many of them organized into medleys featuring special introductory material fashioned by longtime Garland associate Roger Edens. To listen to such tracks as "Judy at the Palace" was to get a sense of at least what the audio was like at one of Garland's shows. Naturally, the set concluded with her signature number, "Over the Rainbow," which oddly comes halfway through this disc, since Miss Show Business is followed by Judy, a collection of songs arranged by Nelson Riddle. Riddle induced Garland to try some material that was new to her, but much of it is still in her familiar style. There are more songs written by Harold Arlen, composer of "Over the Rainbow," as well as more vaudeville-era material associated with Al Jolson, such as "April Showers." As such, Judy makes a good follow-up to Miss Show Business and an appropriate pairing for it on this disc. Judy contains less razzle-dazzle than its predecessor, and it allows Garland to plumb more of the depths of her interpretive talent, especially in the heart-rending version of "Last Night When We Were Young." Still, there is plenty of lighthearted fare, making for a well-rounded collection. ~ William Ruhlmann
Patti PageHush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte / Gentle On My Mind (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Eddie FisherSings Academy Award Winning Songs / Sings Irving Berlin... (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Judy Garland - TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection... (DVD)
$9.73 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE