Eartha Kitt Bad Eartha / Down To Eartha
|You Save:||$5.94 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: RCA-LPM-1183 (1953)
- Original Album #2: RCA-LPM-1109 (1955)
Description by OLDIES.com:
These two albums were recorded by Eartha Kitt in the mid-1950s, when her popularity as a vocalist was peaking. Highlights on these two original LPs include C'est Si Bon (It's So Good)" (a top ten hit) and "(If I Love Ya, Then I Need Ya) I Wantcha Around." On both albums she's backed by Henri Rene and his orchestra.
- 1.I Want To Be Evil
- 2.C'est Si Bon (It's So Good)
- 3.Angelitos Negros
- 4.Avril Au Portugal (The Whisp'ring Serenade)
- 5.Let's Do It
- 6.My Heart Belongs To Daddy
- 7.Uska Dara - A Turkish Tale
- 8.African Lullaby
- 9.Mountain High, Valley Low
- 10.Lilac Wine (Drink Me A Song)
- 11.Under The Bridges Of Paris
- 12.Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- 13.I Wantcha Around
- 14.Do You Remember
- 15.Looking For A Boy
- 16.I've Got That Lovin' Bug Itch
- 17.Oh John! (Please Don't Kiss Me)
- 18.Strangers In The Starlight
- 19.The Day That The Circus Left Town
- 20.Apres Moi
- 21.The Heel
- 22.Mambo De Paree
- 23.My Heart's Delight
- 24.Hey Jacque
2 LPs on 1 CD: THAT BAD EARTHA (1955)/DOWN TO EARTHA (1955).
Personnel includes: Eartha Kitt (vocals); Henri Rene & His Orchestra.
Recorded between 1953 & 1955. Originally released on RCA (1183) & RCA (1109).
Personnel: Eartha Kitt (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Jack OBrian.
Recording information: 03/12/1953-10/19/1954.
Collectables Records combines Eartha Kitt's second and third LPs on this discount-priced CD reissue, giving a good sense of her early style, which, come to think of it, is the style she continued to maintain throughout her career. Born in South Carolina and raised in Harlem, Kitt acquired her sexy, self-mocking, continental sophistication via her travels around the world, particularly a stay in Paris. By the time she burst upon New York, first with a series of nightclub appearances, then in the revue New Faces of 1952, and finally on her RCA Victor recordings, she came across as a rich, jaded chanteuse. At the same time, however, she let her audiences know that it was all something of a joke, which, of course, made it all the more appealing. On 1953's "That Bad Eartha" (the quotation marks were deliberate), RCA reprised some of her hit singles, notably "C'est Si Bon (It's So Good)," and gave her some similar material, particularly a couple of naughty Cole Porter songs, "Let's Do It" and "My Heart Belongs to Daddy." She sang in French, Spanish, Turkish, and even Swahili, but all along she was speaking the language of the supper club, singing with precise articulation in her limited, reedy, vibrato-laden voice. On Down to Eartha, a 1955 collection of later singles and tracks, you can hear RCA looking for hits with some up-tempo novelty material, but there are also more songs for the nightclub act, stories Kitt acts out, such as "The Heel" and "Oh John! (Please Don't Kill Me)." Kitt's sly theatricality wins out over the sometimes pedestrian songwriting, making the collection as a whole a powerful demonstration of her talents. ~ William Ruhlmann
Polly BergenAll Alone By The Telephone / Four Seasons of Love (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Rosemary ClooneyDate With The King (with Benny Goodman) / On Stage /... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Eddie FisherSings Academy Award Winning Songs / Sings Irving Berlin... (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (CD)(8)
$8.49 on SALE
Ultimate Christmas Album Gift Set, Volume 2 (2-CD)
$12.49 on SALE
Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 3 (Audio Cassette)(9)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 45,161
- UPC: 090431284025
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(25)
Out of StockSave for Later
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE