- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 20, 2002
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Mono 1.0 - English (Television Edit)
- Mono 1.0 - English (Theatrical)
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Ronald Neame - Driector
- Brian Garfield - Screenwriter/Novelist
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/26/1980
"...Stylish, lighter-than-air....Beautifully played by [Matthau and Jackson]..."
Empire - 06/01/2008
"Director Ronald Neame's aim with HOPSCOTCH was to create a spy movie where no-one was so much as scratched, which he achieved by turning Brian Garfield's earnest novel into a light comedy."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/2008
"With its cosy confrontations and bureaucratic bunglers, it's the caper mirror-image of the 1970s conspiracy thriller..."
A fired CIA agent decides to get even with the organization by publishing a book which outlines years of dirty secrets. As a result of his actions, both the CIA and the KGB decide to do their best to prevent him from furthering his literary career.
After an ex-CIA operative writes a revealing book about his experiences, he must consequently foil attempts that are then made on his life.
Scams And Cons |
- Budget estimate $4 million.
- Released in USA July 1980.
- Shot in Panavision.