- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 15, 2012
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 09/22/1995
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on the true story of the McMartin family who, accused of a heinous crime, suffered six years of public humiliation before being found innocent. The scandal that tore a family and a nation apart.
In 1983, a worried mother phoned the police claiming that her little boy had been abused at his day-care center. This simple call led to an investigation of the McMartin family, who ran the center, and several members of their staff. The only problem was, the initial accuser had a prior history of leveling abuse charges -- and these defendants were not guilty.
INDICTMENT: THE MCMARTIN TRIAL follows the series of events that unfolded after the initial complaint: the vigorous interrogations led by a zealous but inexperienced social worker (in which the young interviewees began to spin increasingly fanciful tales), and the persistent prosecution led by a stubborn D.A. who would not listen to her co-workers' growing doubts. Caught in the middle were the McMartins, incarcerated during the entire proceedings because the judge did not grant them bail.
In this shocking true story Woods plays attorney Danny Davis, who defended the McMartin family against child-abuse charges in the longest, most expensive, and most futile trial in American history. Produced by Oliver Stone.
Family Interaction |
Law / Lawyers |
- Co-produced in Los Angeles by Abby Mann Productions and Breakheart Films.
- Aired originally on HBO May 20, 1995.
- Broadcast journalists Ted Koppel, Dan Rather, Mike Wallace and Geraldo Rivera are all scene on taped footage from their respective news shows.
- Additional cast: Scott Armstrong (Sean) and Roberta Bassin (Judy Johnson).
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 60,796
- UPC: 883316440933
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item