- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Label: Sony Import
Q - 12/94, p.1584 Stars
- Excellent - "...not as tacky as might be expected, the Quartet dissecting the basic melodies, wringing out new subtleties and using them as a springboard for some inventive soloing..."
- 1.Alice In Wonderland (Mono Version)
- 2.Give A Little Whistle (Mono Version)
- 3.Heigh - Ho (The Dwarfs' Marching Song) (Mono Version)
- 4.When You Wish Upon A Star (Mono Version)
- 5.Some Day My Prince Will Come (Mono Version)
- 6.One Song (Mono Version)
- 7.Very Good Advice (Mono Version)
- 8.So This Is Love (Mono Version)
- 9.Alice In Wonderland (Stereo Version)
- 10.Give A Little Whistle (Stereo Version)
- 11.Heigh - Ho (The Dwarfs' Marching Song) (Stereo Version)
- 12.When You Wish Upon A Star (Stereo Version)
- 13.Someday My Prince Will Come (Stereo Version)
- 14.One Song (Stereo Version)
- 15.Very Good Advice (Stereo Version)
- 16.So This Is Love (previously unreleased alternate take)
- 17.Heigh - Ho (The Dwarfs' Marching Song) (alternate take)
- 18.When You Wish Upon A Star (alternate take)
- 19.Someday My Prince Will Come (alternate take)
- 20.So This Is Love (alternate take)
- 21.One Song (Mono Version)
Dave Brubeck Quartet: Dave Brubeck (piano); Paul Desmond (alto saxophone); Norman Bates (bass); Joe Morello (drums).
Producer: George Avakian.
Reissue producer: Nedra Olds-Neal.
Originally released on Columbia (1059). Includes liner notes by George Avakian.
Digitally remastered by Mark Wilder (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
This CD contains the original LP of the same name plus two previously unissued songs ("Very Good Advice" and "So This Is Love"). Inspired by a trip with his family to Disneyland, Dave Brubeck recorded eight songs taken from four Disney movies (Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White and Cinderella), including such melodies as "Give a Little Whistle," "Heigh Ho," "When You Wish Upon a Star" and "Someday My Prince Will Come." The funny part is that all of these songs were already in the Brubeck Quartet's repertoire. The results are pleasing although, due to a misprint, the CD booklet only contains half of the original liner notes. ~ Scott Yanow