- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer - RSDL
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Audio Essay - Film Historian Ian Christie
- Bonus Footage: Home Movies of Michael Powell's Scottish Exhibition
- Documentary: I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING! REVISITED
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Behind the Scenes Stills
- Photo Essay
- THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
- RETURN TO THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 12/02/1994
"...As charming as anything in [Powell and Pressburger's] oeuvre....A treat." -- Rating: A
USA Today - 12/28/1990
"...Full of native folk songs and dancing, it takes on added poignancy when you remember it's set in World War II..."
Romantic comedy about a girl who plans to marry for money and finds her ideas challenged.
A young woman wants to marry a man for his money, but ends up falling in love with a man she meets in a Scottish village.
- Additional cast: Murdo Morrison (Kenny), Margot Fitzsimmons (Bridie), and Captain C.W.R. Knight, F.Z.S. (Colonel Barnstaple).
- The print used for the Home Vision Cinema VHS version is from the Janus collection.
- The Voyager laserdisc #CC1389L is part of the company's Criterion Collection. It features a new digital transfer taken from a 35mm preservation print by the British Film Institute from the original nitrate elements. It includes an audio commentary by film historian Ian Christie on the alternate soundtrack; production stills, behind-the-scenes footage, and home movies of director Michael Powell's Scottish expedition, all narrated by Thelma Schoonmaker Powell; the 1994 Mark Cousins documentary "I Know Where I'm Going Revisited"; a photo essay on the locations of the film by Nancy Franklin; and excerpts from Powell's 1937 feature "The Edge of the World" and 1978 documentary, "Return to the Edge of the World."
- Copyright 1947 Universal Pictures Co., Inc.