- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 17, 2004
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS Surround 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Alternate Scene Edit Comparison
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 08/18/1995
"...Icky, high-spirited fun....A mixture of shocks and laughs..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/1995
"...The film scores high on production finesse....The gore is viscerally convincing..."
A maniacal automatic laundry presser--known as "The Mangler"--seems to enjoy the taste of human blood in this feature based on a short story by Stephen King. Available in rated and unrated versions.
When a worker at The Blue Ribbon Laundry company is accidentally killed in its largest and oldest machine, Detective John Hunton closes down the company to investigate. What he discovers would send shivers down the spine of a dead man: the death was no accident; in a pact with the Dark Prince, the Blue Ribbon's owner must feed virgin blood to the old machine in order to keep the company solvent. Saving the town won't be easy, though, since Detective Hunter discovers that the blood-thirsty machine has enlisted the help of other household appliances throughout town.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.