- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Criterion
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: George A. Romero - Director of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
- Audio Commentary: Martin Scorses, Bruce Eder - Director, Film-Music Historian
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Featurette: THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE - Michael Powell
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- New essay by opera and film historian Ken Wlaschin
- Archival Production and Publicity Photographs
- Designer Hein Heckroth's design sketches and paintings
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 12/02/2005
"[The] hand-tooled fantasia is a dazzling technical showcase, from its rich, sensuous Technicolor to its copious special effects..."
Premiere - 02/01/2006
"[The film] broke astonishing cinematic ground....An electrifying hybrid of opera, ballet, and film."
Los Angeles Times - 03/12/2015
"HOFFMANN is an immersive aesthetic experience best thought of as an art form all its own."
This classic film version of Jacques Offenbach's 1881 work is conducted by Sir Thomas Beecham. The story of Hoffman and his love for three women. Academy Award Nominations: Best (Color) Cinematography, Best (Color) Costume Design.