Eddie Fisher You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet / Love You (Plus Bonus Tracks)
|You Save:||$8.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: RCA LSP-3914 (1968)
- Original Album #2: RCA 1097 (1955)
- Original Album #3: RCA EPA-572 (Bonus Tracks) (1954)
Description by OLDIES.com:
On this release, Fisher is backed by Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra and Chorus (tracks 13-27). This reissue also features four bonus tracks from the 1954 "A Girl, A Girl" EP.
- 1.Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
- 2.Sonny Boy
- 3.I Only Have Eyes For You
- 4.You Made Me Love You
- 5.When You Were Sweet Sixteen
- 7.My Mammy
- 8.April Showers
- 9.Back In Your Own Back Yard
- 10.Anniversary Song
- 11.Let Me Sing And I'm Happy
- 12.So In Love (From "Kiss Me Kate")
- 13.Pretty Baby
- 14.My One And Only Love
- 15.I Can't Give You Anything But Love (From "Born Yesterday")
- 16.The Girl That I Marry (From "Annie Get Your Gun")
- 17.I Surrender, Dear
- 18.What Is This Thing Called Love? (From "Wake Up And Dream")
- 19.Let's Fall In Love
- 20.My Romance (From "Jumbo")
- 21.Love Somebody
- 22.Love Sends A Little Gift Of Roses
- 23.Somebody Loves Me
- 24.A Girl, A Girl (Zoom-Ba Di Alli Nella)
- 25.With All My Heart And Soul (Anema E Core)
- 26.Oh! My Pa-Pa (O Mein Papa) (From "Fireworks")
- 27.Many Times
2 LPs on 1 CD: YOU AIN'T HEARD NOTHING YET (1968)/I LOVE YOU (1955)/A GIRL, A GIRL EP (1954).
Personnel includes: Eddie Fisher (vocals); Sid Feller, Ralph Burns (arranger, conductor); Hugo Winterhaler & His Orchestra.
Recorded in 1953-54 & 1967-68. Originally released on RCA (3914), RCA (1097) & RCA (572). Includes liner notes by Robert Rice.
Liner Note Author: Robert Rice.
Recording information: 08/20/1953-04/24/1968.
Unknown Contributor Role: Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra.
Arrangers: Ralph Burns; Sid Feller.
Collectables Records has done a creditable job in reissuing Eddie Fisher's RCA Victor albums on discount-priced CDs that combine the material from two LPs on a single disc, often with bonus material. But there aren't always two albums that match up, either in terms of theme or chronology. This disc juxtaposes recordings from different periods in Fisher's career, making for a stark contrast. Both of the main LPs are concept discs, but there the similarity ends. Presented in reverse chronological order, first up is Fisher's final RCA album, 1968's You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet. Here the 39-year-old singer turns in a tribute record to his idol, Al Jolson. By this point in his career, the soaring tenor has become a rich baritone, the better to convey the style of Jolson's later performances. Fisher doesn't imitate Jolson except in the odd inflection or bit of phrasing, but the Jolson influence, always apparent in his singing, is accentuated by the choice of material. You can't help thinking of Jolson when Fisher is singing "My Mammy" or "Swanee." Then, at track 12, the disc rolls back 13 years to the 1955 album I Love You, a collection of romantic standards Fisher recorded at the height of his fame and in his mid-twenties. The intention here was to make an album like the ones Frank Sinatra was doing at the time. Fisher isn't quite in that league, but he does a good job with the Cole Porter and Rodgers & Hart evergreens. As of track 24, time reverses even further for A Girl, a Girl, a four-song EP containing material from three Fisher hit singles of 1953-1954, including his biggest hit, "Oh! My Pa-Pa (O Mein Papa)." The result is a catchall disc that nevertheless contains many winning performances. ~ William Ruhlmann
Eddie FisherEddie Fisher Sings / I'm In The Mood For Love / Christmas... (CD)
$11.03 on SALE
Eddie FisherSings Academy Award Winning Songs / Sings Irving Berlin... (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,138
- UPC: 090431283424
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE